Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 10

Welcome back!  It's Tuesday and I'm looking forward to the end of the week because the kids and I are heading to Yosemite for the weekend which is not really something I saw myself doing this time of year, but the opportunity came up so off we'll go.  Now I just need to make it through the rest of this rainy week, and you know how my weeks are--insanely busy so it should go fast!  At least I have an escape to look forward to.  "Escape!" Isn't that my word for the year?   Yes, it is, and I plan to escape as often as I can.  It really does help especially when you can escape and get back to nature ;0)

Now for last week's photos:
Day 64- Sunday, 3/4/12
It's a lazy Sunday and we were out past midnight last night so Brandon is sleeping in.  He's the only one of my boys that will sleep in after being up late, but he's also the only one that REALLY needs it.  Look how he sleeps at the foot of his bed because he does not like the "cave" at the front.  Instead he houses ALL his stuffed animals in there and sleeps this way--whatever works!




Day 65- Monday, 3/5/12
I finally got a new curling iron and decided to try it out today by wearing my hair down.  It's a rare thing during the week as working in a lab does not lend itself well to long, flowy hair, but I do like to mix it up every now and then. 




Day 66- Tuesday, 3/6/12
Justin has been having a great time these past couple weeks playing with our neighbor, Amanda, after homework.  It's wonderful that she knocks on our door almost everyday to encourage him to come outside and play. He need this outlet to blow off some steam after working so hard and being cooped up inside.




Day 67- Wednesday, 3/7/12
I just sent my friend Wendy a text message to wish her happy birthday.  She is the one who arranged our upcoming trip to Yosemite.  It should be fun and amazing, but I hope the weather isn't too bad.
 



Day 68- Thursday, 3/8/12
This afternoon we are watching Tyler play in his 3rd basketball game.  He is number 14 and actually played an entire quarter this game.  It's nice when the starters can get a huge enough lead in the first half so the other players can have some quality time on the court later.  The best part is that the second and third string were able to maintain and even add to their lead so they all did well.




Day 69- Friday, 3/9/12
My two younger boys have discovered the Spiderwick Chronicles.  Tyler read them a few years ago just before the movie came out, but these two didn't know anything about them until recently.  The field guide is a huge hit especially with Justin who has essentially been creating his own field guide for years of creatures from the world inside his wonderfully creative head.  He literally has binders full of drawings with elaborate notes on features and characteristics to creature he's dreamed up.




Day 70- Saturday 3/10/12
I just finished making lunch for the boys.  We try to make healthy choices and enforce good eating habits.  My boys have been raised on multi-grain bread and lots of fresh fruit.  To them this is an ideal lunch and I'm happy with that.


That's it for now.  I hope to see you next week.

 
Naptime Momtog

10 comments:

  1. The lunches look super yummy. I too am trying to feed my kids healthier lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids have loved the Spiderwick too! That field guide is lots of fun. Love your curling iron photo--that is a good idea. Hope your camping trip is fun!!! Enjoy the escape :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a busy and fun week! I wouldn't want to sleep in the cave either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics this week! Sounds like you'll have a wonderful trip. Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that food looks great! and we have a friendly neighborhood girl that rings our door each day...I must scrapbook about that :) have so much fun in Yosemite, that's on our dream trip list for next year maybe the year after...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your last picture looks so yummy! I would mind to have a lunch like that :) Love your self-portrait shot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love your pics every week. You do SUCH a great job of variety and mixing it up, yet still documenting your family's life. I love the texting photo and the lunch shot. Such great things to remember. Thanks for the inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great week! Have fun at Yosemite! I hope I get to see it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yosemite sounds fun! Hope you post some of your trip for next weeks rewind. Those lunches look so colorful and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a good week. I wish we would have done that with the boys cause Dustyn got our bad eating habits.

    ReplyDelete