Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 20

Happy Tuesday and welcome back!  Last week was of course super busy and somewhat of an emotional roller coaster but we all made it through ok.  I sure can't wait until May is over.  We're in the home stretch and get to finish with a 3-day weekend.  The shocking part is that we have no plans and nowhere to be which sounds like heaven to me.  I can use a nice, mellow, long break maybe even spent lounging by OUR pool.

Until then, here are last week's pictures:


Day 132- Monday, 5/12/14
I swear I'm here 4-5 times a week or more.  This is a typical after school stop even though I try really hard not to, but someone always needs something!





Day 133- Tuesday, 5/13/14
Justin is saving energy by staying off electronics and playing with other toys.  It's been really hot here lately with temps in the 90's so today is a SmartRate saver day where we are supposed to conserve energy from 2-7pm.  Luckily we have a busy afternoon and evening away from home so that will help and my kids are resourceful about finding other things to do.  Don't let him fool you though.  He looks like he's playing nice with that monkey but he's really beating it up!





Day 134- Wednesday, 5/14/14
All done!  It's almost bigger than him, and now we can have our dining table back.  He's so proud and happy to be done with his Mission Santa Barbara.  It was a lot of work, and yes I helped, but in no way did this for him.  He was every bit a part of the process and came up with some really great ideas to make it all come together.   The model is finished, but he still has to tidy up his written report and prepare cards for a presentation.  It's all due Monday so he's good on time.





Day 135- Thursday, 5/15/14
Persistence pays off!  I'm so proud of this boy for not giving up and totally going out of his comfort zone to make this happen.  Tyler knows no one there, but got the job, and will be life guarding in Davis this summer.  He is sad he can't be with his friends at the pool in West Sac, but he is also super excited to see how this works for him and is thrilled to have his first paying job.





Day 136- Friday, 5/16/14
What a LONG week!  On top of all the home stuff I deal with there is my job, and I have been organizing this huge group meeting that happened today.  I was stuck in this room from 6am-5pm, but it all went off without a hitch and was a very productive day.  TGIF!





Day 137- Saturday, 5/17/14
No rest allowed.  We were up bright and early to be at the pool by 6:45.  Today is the first swim meet of the season.  It's the Blue and White swim trials, and after a super hot week it was actually pretty chilly out.  Go figure!  This is Justin swimming in one of his events.  Go Justy go!





Day 138- Sunday, 5/18/14
Another day, another pool.  At least we had a later start today.  It was good to get these guys back playing polo again.  They have a lot of work to do before the JO qualifier mid June.  Here they're on a short break before starting their 3rd game of the day.  They lost the 1st but won the last 2 and Tyler made 4 goals including a 5 meter shot so he was happy.




That's all for now.  I'm still tired from last week but am looking forward to that lazy 3-day weekend.  Hope to see you next week.


The Mom Creative

3 comments:

  1. Love all your swimming shots! You go to Target, I go to Wal-mart. Only choice I have, and I also feel like I am there daily :) Love the mission! Holy cow he did an awesome job!!! Enjoy your long weekend and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy week! Good thing you have the pool to cool you off! Congrats to Tyler on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another crazy busy week! I know you're looking forward to a relaxing 3-day weekend. The mission project turned out great! And yay for Tyler's summer job!! That's too funny about going to Target 4-5 times a week. Same here, and it doesn't help that it's literally across the street from me lol.

    ReplyDelete