Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Week 29

Happy Tuesday!  It's beautiful here.  We even had a little rain Sunday which was nice to help cool things down and clear things out.  It messed up my car though--needs a real wash super badly.  I'll have to get on that this week.

Here's what happened last week:


Day 195- Monday, 7/14/14
I'm picking Brandon up from his daily sports camp and it seems he's been really into playing basketball.  I may have to sign him up for a team this winter.  Apparently he's good a 3-pt shots and has been practicing those non-stop.  Once we got home we discovered our A/C was out.  It was 110 outside today so inside my house got up to the mid 90's this evening.  It took them 3 days to repair the unit and thankfully things cooled down considerably after this first day so it wasn't too bad.  We were saved by the evening Delta Breeze.





Day 196- Tuesday 7/15/14
Justin helped me with the first harvest of tomatoes.  We'll have a second round in a couple weeks.  John got right on it and made fresh salsa with this batch.  It's amazing how much better home grown veggies and fruits taste.





Day 197- Wednesday, 7/16/14
Rusty just turned 2 years old this past week.  I was trying to get a good close up picture of him, but he was not happy being chased by the camera so this shot through the dining chairs will have to do.  He just wasn't in the mood and feels safer at a distance.  Crazy cat!  I can't believe he's 2 already.  He's been such a great fit for us and is always so curious about and good with the whole family.





Day 198- Thursday, 7/17/14
Finally a walk out with my pup.  John and I trade off walking her each evening, and I actually look forward to it but have been so busy shuttling kids here and there that it just has not worked out for about a week now.  Thankfully no one had anything going on tonight so Bella and I got our walk in together and what a pleasant evening it was.





Day 199- Friday, 7/18/14
We're working on printing out birthday invitations for my soon to be 10 year old.  He's having his first sleepover party and is super excited.





Day 200- Saturday, 7/19/14
We spent the day in Carmichael at an away swim meet.  It's the last meet before Champs.  Both my younger boys kept getting stuck in the lane on the wall, but it was easier for me to get closer pictures so I was fine with it ;0)  Tyler had to work today which meant he missed out but will most certainly be at Champs next weekend.





Day 201- Sunday, 7/20/14
Speak of the devil!  He's been working a lot which means a lot of trips back and forth to Davis.  At least it's helped him get some good freeway driving in.  He's always smiling when he's driving--cracks me up!  25 hours down and 25 more to go before he can get his official license in October.




That's it!  Another busy week come and gone.  Check back next week for more crazy fun.  Summer is slipping away :0(


The Mom Creative

3 comments:

  1. Yucky that the AC went out!! Looks like a fun busy week, enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you grow some of your own fruits and veggies. I need to at least grow some tomatoes--my daughter could eat those every day. Homemade salsa sounds delicious! I love how excited Brandon is for his first sleepover party. And Tyler looks so grown up driving a car! I'm glad it was another good week for you all, and glad your A/C was fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that smile on Tyler's face while driving! So cute! Yuck about the A/C! Glad you got it fixed!!! You mentioned the KOA in Rushmore and we went by it--a busy place! Hope you have a great week! We are done with swim team now. Sigh. We have one month of summer left. It is going too fast!

    ReplyDelete