Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week 4

Hey there!  Welcome to Tuesday :0)  Last week was a really great week for us as you will see.  It's nice when we can escape even during or maybe especially during the busiest times of the year.  We had to give up and miss a few things but what we gained in return was priceless.  There is nothing better than good, active, family fun.  Hopefully everyone can carve out some time here and there to help make that happen.  You won't regret it.

Take a look at how we made it happen last week:


Day 19- Monday, 1/19/15
It's Martin Luther King day, and I'm home with the boys.  John gave me my birthday present early so I could play.  I was planning to make calzones for dinner and this beauty made it all the easier especially since I needed a double batch to feed my growing boys.  They turned out great!





Day 20- Tuesday, 1/20/15
Junior year is the year of testing and now that Tyler's 1st semester is over and he has an easier course load next semester it's time to start studying for all these exams.  The books are taking over his room.  I'm so glad I'm past this stage in my life.  At least he's cool with it and has a plan.  First up is the SAT in March, then all those AP tests in May and right as summer starts the ACT before re-taking the SAT at the end of summer.  ACK!  His brain will be filled to the max and tested out.




Day 21- Wednesday, 1/21/15
This cat!  I like to sit with my leg over the arm of the chair, and he likes to rest with his chin sitting right there.  He's one of the only reasons I slow down and sit for a good length of time.  What choice do I have really?





Day 22- Thursday, 1/22/15
It's time to celebrate my birthday.  Thursday is a good day to have a birthday in this house.  Tuesday is the worst day but, Thursday is alright--not much going on at least on this Thursday anyway.  John made me a nice steak dinner and then we had cake and ice-cream without having to rush or wait on anyone.  It was nice!





Day 23- Friday, 1/23/15
Time to pack up the winter boots and head to the mountains for a weekend getaway at Northstar.  We left just after the kids got out of school and are all excited to spend the weekend here in the village.  This is my happy place.  I can't help but be happy here.  It's got the most amazing vibe.





Day 24- Saturday, 1/24/15
Today was a ski day.  It felt like spring out which is great but also sad because it's only January and we need so much more snow.  Thanks goodness Northstar has great snow making machines to keep all the main runs open.  We still had an amazing time and all enjoyed skiing TOGETHER.






Day 25- Sunday, 1/25/15
It's our last day here, but before we headed home we made time to play in the snow and have some fun tubing.  There wasn't really enough good snow to make a snowman so instead the boys made an arsenal of snowballs to pelt each other with while waiting for our tubing hour to start.  It was so warm out--even warmer than yesterday that we were shedding layers before we even made it back to the bottom of the mountain.  Hopefully some more cold and wet storm systems will move in over the next couple months to help restore this winter wonderland.




Wait!  One more:

January's Family Photo



Look at that Lake Tahoe view!  The Epic Mix photo team was perfectly positioned to take pictures in this amazing location so we took them up on the offer and got this month's family photo done.  Forget that you can barely make out who we are with all the ski gear on, it's still a great picture that we'll look back on fondly and laugh at one day because of the memories and those winter clothes.  My family has a picture like this from when I was Justin's age (13 also at Northstar) and yep, the gear and clothing choices were interesting to say the least.  LOL!




OK, that's it.  I told you we had fun and can't wait to do it again next year.  Where's your happy place?  Find the time to escape there with the family and enjoy!


The Mom Creative

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you too! Enjoy the stand mixer - I am holding out for one until I have a bigger kitchen...and a wedding registry, ha!
    Jealous of the ski get-away, hoping to pop up to NH for a day this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you!! I love your birthday gift. I need one of those! I'm glad you all had a great time on your ski vacation. My family and I went to Colorado for ski vacations a few times when I was growing up, and they are some of my favorite memories. I can't wait to take my kids one day. Great January family photo!! Such breathtaking scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Your cake looks divine and a great present with the mixer. I have had one for the past 20 years and love it!!! Your skiing looks so fun! I am glad you got away! It is so beautiful! Glad you got in some good family time! That is priceless. Have a great next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♪ ♫ Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Andrea! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! ♪ ♫ You do NOT look 45 at all! Wow. I'm glad y'all got to spend time in your happy place & create memories as a family. That's so fun that you have a picture at the same location from when you were 13. You should post them side by side. :)

    ReplyDelete