Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Week 50

Here we are at Tuesday again with only one week until Christmas!  It's going to be a super busy but super fun week.  I have a to-do list a mile long that I'm working on getting through both at work and home before we fly out Saturday.  Speaking of which, I will be on vacation and away from my computer so no blog post next week.  I'll be spending Christmas Eve on a sunny beach with friends and family neglecting any and all weekly duties including my blog.  Never fear, though, the following week I'll have a double post that I'm sure will not disappoint ;0)

Here's a look at last week:


Day 343- Monday, 12/9/13
I picked up a poinsettia for our home to complete my decorating.  It's just not Christmas without one, and it pairs perfectly with my favorite Santa and glass tree.




Day 344- Tuesday, 12/10/13
Remember that huge rocket slide at the MIND party over the weekend?  Turns out Brandon went down on his stomach with his arms behind his back and ended up checking his speed with his chin.  Ouch!  He managed to get a nice rug burn that's finally starting to scab over.  I keep wanting to wipe his face thinking it's food or something--drives me nuts!





Day 345- Wednesday, 12/11/13
Speaking of the MIND party, we got a call today saying we won a gift basket in the free drawing.  Last year we won an ice-cream maker in a basket and this year it's a Giant's themed basket.  I told you they throw the best parties.  The boys and I were more than happy to run over there and pick it up.  This thing is so huge and filled with a lot of great goodies!  





Day 346- Thursday, 12/12/13
Somehow I managed to get our Christmas cards addressed and mailed today.  It feels good to have that done and out of the way.  It's still pretty cold out hence the warm drink and fire which also help make the process all the more enjoyable.  I love how the tree lights shine across the table and cards.





Day 347- Friday, 12/13/13
Here's a kid after my own heart.  Brandon's been diligent about taking a picture of our elf and his where abouts everyday since he arrived. This morning we found him clowning around with mustache stickers.  The boys thought this was hilarious.  Justin was so proud the elf gave him one that looks like Luigi's of Mario and Luigi.  Who knew?






Day 348- Saturday, 12/14/13
Wow! A Saturday with all of us at home.  Tyler's first winter polo tournament was canceled which opened up our day for some good family time.  The boys worked in pairs to wrap brother gifts and then later teamed up to decorate a gingerbread house that the elf left for them.  There's all kinds of Christmas goodness happening around here, and we love it!





Day 349- Sunday, 12/15/13
It's another weekend day at home with a slow start, and it's been awhile since we had a nice, big, Sunday breakfast so I busted out the griddle and whipped up some pancakes--a few with chocolate chips and few without because that's how we roll.




All done!  Have a great Christmas everyone one.  Hopefully I'll be back on-line the Tuesday of New Year's Eve to show you how we enjoyed our holiday in Hawaii.  Aloha!



 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun week! I'm glad that Brandon's chin is just a rug burn ... I thought you were documenting his first zit. LOL! That's cool that he's caught the "documentation bug" & is taking pics of your Elf on the Shelf. I hope y'all have a WONDERFUL time in Hawaii (bring me back a big Polynesian guy) & a MERRY CHRISTMAS. Can't wait for the double post in 2 weeks to see your pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! and a blessed Christmas with your family! Enjoy the warm and sun!!! Your week looks fun! Love your elf and his treats he leaves. That basket looks amazing! So grateful for my blog friends :) Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are all so festive! I'm glad you're all having fun getting in the holiday spirit. I love the mustache idea! I'll have to use that one in the future with our elf. I hope you guys have a wonderful time on your trip! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete