Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 40

Hello and welcome back.  Happy Tuesday!  We had a great week here last week but are now missing those cooler temps.  It's down right hot again with temps in the mid to high 90's.  We need a good delta breeze and some crisp fall air.  I'm so ready for that.  It's hard to enjoy fall when it doesn't feel like it at all.  We might as well start using the pool again.  Let's get this heat out of our system, shake things up, and bring on the clouds.

Until then here's a peek at last week:


Day 272- Monday, 9/29/14
Yesterday we had dinner with some good friends, and I was able to get a much needed haircut and color.  It's been way too long and it's perfect timing for the change in seasons.  I really need to do a better job of taking care of me.  So many other things come first that I often forget about what I need.  The next thing on my list is to get back into a regular exercise routine.





Day 273- Tuesday, 9/30/14
Call me crazy but I love this and think its cool that I work for a school that has a toxic garden like at Hogwarts or something ;0)  I pass by this impressive collection daily moving from building to building and it always makes me smile.  What a great teaching tool not only for the students but pet owners, current veterinarians, and the public in general.  I recognize so many plants in here that are seen in everyday landscaping and then marvel at the odd and interesting like this red prickly that I've never seen before. It for sure looks toxic--most of the others not so much.





Day 274- Wednesday, 10/1/14
Happy October!  Justin posed with the monthly marker and a couple pumpkins for me just before I headed out for Tyler's game up in El Dorado.  River City had another great win and then all the boys stayed to watch the girls' game which was pretty intense.  Tyler was able to get some homework done while looking on as the girls fought until the bitter end.





Day 275- Thursday, 10/2/14
Brandon was more than willing to help fill the fall candy dish this afternoon.  Candy corn is a must this time of year.  I guess I should get this boy a watch.  He's been drawing one of his arm the past couple weeks and then he's writing his mile time from school on the other arm.  Boys!





Day 276- Friday, 10/3/14
I told you I was going to take a picture of my calendar.  October is going to be a super busy month.  So much for taking better care of me.  As usual there is no time!  At least we have some fun family things lined up.  That's what I enjoy most.





Day 277- Saturday, 10/4/14
Here's my super exciting Saturday.  There wasn't much going on so I tackled the laundry since we won't be home tomorrow.  At least after that John and I were able to escape for dinner and drinks with some friends.  That's the way to end the day especially a day full of chores!





Day 278- Sunday, 10/5/14
Go Niners!  This was a really hot and long but super fun day spent at the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.  We took the whole family and had great time.  It's a wonderful place, and we watched a close game with the 49ers finally winning in the end.  The first picture is before the game started which is why there are so many empty seats.  It was too hot to sit there if you didn't have to.  The second picture was towards the end of the game and you can see how well the stadium filled up.  I've never seen so much red in my life!  



That wraps up another great week.  See you in the next one.



The Mom Creative

4 comments:

  1. That candy looks tempting!! I bet 90 is too warm for fall! It's 70 here and that's too warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haircut & coloring.
    Isn't it funny how something so small can make such a big difference in how you feel?
    I love that cute fall candy dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great! Love the cut & color! Your October calendar really does look crazy busy. I'm glad you were able to find time for dinner and drinks out. What a fun family outing to the football game, too! Too bad you didn't have nice fall temps to make the game more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a busy week! Love the toxic plant garden! Can so relate to not having time to take care of "me." but it is so nice to get your hair done! Yours looks great! What a fun football game and love the pumpkins. I need to get mine out. Have a great week coming up!

    ReplyDelete