Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Week 1

Happy New Year and welcome!  Here's to hoping 2015 will be a year full of wonderful memories and pictures.  This will be a short post since there are only 4 days in this first week.  I can't believe I'm starting my 6th year of a picture a day.  I don't even really think about it anymore--it's just habit and I'm super happy to have all those years documented especially as we get closer and closer to my boys growing up and leaving the nest.  Eek! That's bittersweet.  This will be Tyler's last full year with us. Wow! I'm not ready to go there yet so for now I'll just take it one day at a time and not get ahead of myself.

Here are a few pictures from our first week in 2015:


Day 1- Thursday, 1/1/15
Happy New Year boys!  What will this year have in store for these guys and our family?  I can't wait to see how it unfolds.  After a nice party last night we enjoyed a low key and quiet day at home.




Day 2- Friday, 1/2/15
This new year is starting out COLD!  The rain has gone and the freezing temps have arrived which means a visit from Jack Frost most mornings.  Brrr!




Day 3- Saturday, 1/3/15
For one last family-fun event before the end of break we headed to Cal Expo after dark to see the lights at the Global Winter Wonderland.  We pretty much traveled the world in just under an hour.  It was pretty cool but also VERY crowded.  I think everyone else had the same idea.





Day 4- Sunday, 1/4/15
Here we are on the last day of winter break and of course Justin is just now finishing up a science project.  Ugh! I was not happy he waited so long after having 2 weeks to get this done especially since we didn't have all the supplies he needed on hand and it required yet another trip to the store.  How many times in the past 2 weeks had I been at the store?  At least it's done, and he's happy he got it done before lunch.  Obviously our timeline goals were different.



. . . And that wraps up our first week of 2015--short and sweet!  Be sure to check back for a full week next Tuesday, and for those who don't know I also make a point of getting at least one family photo a month and will share those here too.


For inspiration and support from others capturing a picture a day I like to visit these sites.  Check them out.

The Mom Creative

3 comments:

  1. Happy 2015!! That's amazing that you've been doing a daily photo for 6 years now! Your boys will have so many wonderful photos to look back on when they're older. Looks like your year is off to a great start. That's cool that you got to see Global Winter Wonderland. It was here in Atlanta last year, but I missed it. Looks like a great way to end your holiday break though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I am starting my 7th year doing a picture a day. It is awesome! Love your first pictures for the new year! That frost one is cool! Are you using your new camera? Love the Global Winter Wonderland! Hope your beginning of school and work has gone well! Today was our first day back. . .here we go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's off to a frigid start here too!! Kids couldn't even go outside which means it had to be below 20 here. The Expo lights look cool!!

    ReplyDelete