Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Week 10

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! I still can't believe it's March already but that means spring breaks are coming up and Justin gets to come home in a few days which will be fun. Of course all 3 kids have 3 different breaks so we can't all be off together but we'll still make the most of each.  Hopefully the Coronavirus COVID-19 won't ruin too many of our plans or schooling especially for the college kids. Wash your hands often and stay safe but don't panic and create hysteria.

Here are last week's pictures:

Day 62- Monday, 3/2/20
How about we start the week by making a wish? These beauties really light up during the golden hour and are just begging to be picked for a wish or two.





Day 63- Tuesday, 3/3/20
It's Super Tuesday and I voted! -- by mail two weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to find a sticker included with my ballot.  I always felt left out on election day seeing everyone with a sticker that I didn't have because I voted by mail but seems they fixed that so now I can represent today as well.






Day 64- Wednesday, 3/4/20
It's really nice out--80 degrees nice! so after work  I spent as much time outside as possible before heading to a very long Booster's meeting.  When I returned after dark the temps drop considerably and everyone at home was in sweatshirts.  I think a storm is brewing.





Day 65- Thursday, 3/5/20
Time for happy hour with the girls from work for drinks and appetizers outside in downtown Davis.  The vibe is buzzing here which was nice to see since social distancing is supposed to be a thing and it was great to catch up with co-workers past and present. 





Day 66- Friday, 3/6/20
Today my boss took me out for lunch, yummy Thai food, to celebrate my 25 yrs of service with her.  Then she took me to a local art gallery and bought me this beautiful stained glass dragonfly as a gift.  I love it especially the way it shines in the sunlight.  Now to find the perfect window to hang it in my house.  Later while walking the dog I saw these new flowers in bloom and the colors reminded me of  the ribbons on my gift box.





Day 67- Saturday, 3/7/20
Remember the storm brewing--it's here!  I think it's been something like 40 days since we've had rain so this is actually a welcomed event.  There's not really any wind and it's not really cold so that makes it even more bearable and perfectly fine.







Day 68- Sunday, 3/8/20
I spent most the morning inside doing chores while Rusty kept me company and the day was still gloomy and grey but then in the late afternoon the clouds cleared and the sun shone bright.  I was happy to get out and see that the rain had not ruined the blooms on our tree out front.  It's full on spring now and hopefully soon those higher temps will be more frequent and help kill off that dang virus.



That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you next week healthy and well.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 25 years on the job! What a sweet gift! And I agree - being prepared not panicked with this virus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of the dandelions and flowers! Congrats on 25 years at work! Hope everyone makes it home safe for your spring breaks! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete