Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Week 37

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  Last week with even more fires igniting here in California and then in Oregon and Washington it has been and is still pretty crazy with the smoke and hazardous conditions up and down our western coast.  We're all hoping this can end soon and that there will be no more.  Maybe it will at least spark a change in how our forests are managed and get some laws reversed that are preventing that change from happening. We can't continue to do this year after year.  It's been a month now and I'm looking forward to the day when I can open our windows, take a walk, and see the sun shine bright as I breathe in fresh air--hopefully soon. 

Here are last week's pictures:


Day 251- Monday, 9/7/20

Happy Labor Day!  We spent it inside because the air is not safe out there.  Good thing we got some pool time in and yard work done Saturday.  John did at least prepare a grilled surf and turf feast for us complete with fresh made potato salad and the we had brownie sundaes for dessert so we made the most of it.



Day 252- Tuesday, 9/8/20

I'm usually working remote on Tuesdays but because yesterday was a holiday I had to come into feed my cultures today and run some serology tests for a project that can't wait.




Day 253- Wednesday, 9/9/20

This was the day where the sky was really orange for pretty much everyone on the west coast.  I was on campus again and it was very eerie out.  The pictures from Oregon and San Francisco were insane- seemed very apocalyptic.  What a crazy day!  Later I was happy that our Booster's meeting was virtual and I could just sit through it and sip my wine to help me unwind.



Day 254- Thursday, 9/10/20

This is the first day in about 2 months that I have worn my hair down.  I finally got a haircut over the weekend and touched up the color so now it has more movement and shape.  I missed the first round of openings and regret having to wait for the second opening which just happened.  The sky is still a mess but not as orange this evening.  The purplish hue somehow is more calming even though I know it's still unhealthy.  We have to wear the N95 masks if were out in it too long.




Day 255- Friday, 9/11/20

TGIF!  Time for some popcorn and a movie.  We streamed the Liam Neeson Tuscany one with his real life son.  It was actually a great feel-good movie with beautiful scenery--perfect way to escape the weeks events.  And then there was the cat who likes the popcorn and was relentless with the begging.  LOL!




Day 256- Saturday, 9/12/20

Gotta love the slow weekend morning starts.  As I was making a warm drink I noticed the interesting shadows on the counter with the soft light.  It's been a lot darker here these days with the sun blocked by the smoke.  In the afternoon Tyler enjoyed playing some video games to relax and unwind.  He's getting used to working 12 hr night shifts usually 3 pm to 3 am but didn't get home this morning until 5:30 am.  I'm pretty sure he just woke up about an hour ago at 2 pm.  He doesn't seem to mind though and is liking his job so far.




Day 257- Sunday, 9/13/20

John's a happy boy because football is starting again and the 49ers played today.  Sadly they did not win but at least they played.  The game was almost called off because of the air quality.  Yes, it's still bad and probably will be for a couple more weeks. 😟  Bella and I hung out in another room to watch something else beside sports.  She's a great companion and always by one of our sides.


That's it!  See you next week.





2 comments:

  1. Stay safe. My sister says it's so bad in OR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad to hear about all the fires and see the devastation! Glad Tyler is liking his job!

    ReplyDelete