Friday, April 2, 2021

Week 12

Hello and welcome back!  Nope--it's not Tuesday.  I was away on vacation with the family until after Wednesday so I'm just now getting to last week's blog post, but that ok because we had a great spring break getting back to nature and enjoying some good quality time together.  I wish we were still there, but now it's time to get back to reality.

Here are last week's pictures:

Day 81- Monday, 3/22/21

I guess she's supervising my yoga session today.




Day 82- Tuesday, 3/23/21

It's nice to be able to see spring happening out my two small kitchen windows.  Later I loaded up and headed out to the Boosters' fundraiser where I was donating desserts and raffle baskets.




Day 83- Wednesday, 3/24/21

Bella and Brandon are so cute together just having a casual chat, and Justin sent me these pictures of Turkey Vultures he spotted on campus today.  Looks like a gorgeous, sunny day there.  I can't wait until we head that way soon and get to visit with him.




Day 84- Thursday, 3/25/21

I'm working from home taking meetings all day.  Then there is the Roomba which always seems to go off at the worst times and is super loud--it's so not my friend on remote-work days.




Day 85- Friday, 3/26/21

Today is actually a UCD holiday for Caesar Chavez Day but I volunteered to come in and at least feed the cultures for all since I'll be gone next week and everyone else will be covering for me.  Later we may or may not have busted into some Easter candy early.  I was preparing a basket to take to Justin before leaving Sunday and just had to try these new Reese's cups with pretzel bits in them. I bought them specifically with Justin in mind and they were sooo good.  Don't worry, he'll still end up with a few--LOL!





Day 86- Saturday, 3/27/21 

Quiet morning vibes with with cool light shadows plus coffee and a donut.  Gotta love weekend mornings.  The cat, however, prefers weekend afternoons where he can just nap all day.  Looks like he forgot to tuck his tail in today though.






Day 87- Sunday, 3/28/21

Spring break trip!  We headed north to the Lost Coast up near where Justin goes to school and took the scenic Avenue of the Giants route on the drive up--so fun to drive through those big redwood groves.  Then we did a short hike down to Agate Beach while waiting for our rental to be available.  Turns out we found the place with the best views.  That first house view is from the master bedroom and then an even more expansive view in the great room where we made it just in time to watch UCLA advance to the elite eight.  It was a long day but we have the perfect place to relax now and the perfect surroundings to explore over the next couple days.



Wait! One more:

March's Family Photo

Taken on the Lost Coast from our rental balcony with all of us including Justin.  We're happy to have the whole family together again for at least a couple days.



OK, all done!  See you Tuesday for this week's pictures.



2 comments:

  1. Hurray for time away, together!! That view is -- wow, can I move in!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my! That view is amazing! What a fun and much needed trip! I am sure you loved it! Love your small kitchen windows and that donut looks yummy! Happy Easter and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete