Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Week 48

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! Here we are in December already with the end of the year approaching--how crazy is that!!  Of course we were all hoping to be back to normal by now, but it seems as though the pandemic will never end.  This year was better than 2020 but still not exactly where we want to be free of this craziness. Hopefully the coming year will bring a true turning point.  Only time will tell.

Until then, here are last week's pictures:



Day 333- Monday, 11/29/21

Thanksgiving leftovers are the best, and we've been eating them a lot for the past few days.  This was my dinner tonight.  On a lower note the Omicron variant is here.  Thank goodness I already got my booster because now people are scrambling to get it and can't find appointments.  I swear it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back with this virus.  We are making progress but not as much as we'd like.  I'm so over it!




Day 334- Tuesday, 11/30/31

It's time to put fall away on this last day in November.  I've collected all my decorations and just need to box them up and store them away until next year.  Outside in my yard I was pleasantly surprised to see this newish tree behind our pool in winter bloom with it's many pink lantern like blossoms.  So nice to look at when everything else is dormant or dead.




Day 335- Wednesday, 12/1/21

Happy December! We're ready for this month with our advent calendars.  The pets each have one, the boys each have one, and I have my Costco wine one.  First bottle is a Chardonnay from Italy.  Cheers to the holidays!




Day 336- Thursday, 12/2/21

It's really cold out today so after work I was warming up under a blanket while Bella was perched at my feet waiting for me to get motivated enough to move and feed her. This was actually an accidental picture that got snapped and I found later on my phone but love the effect and how it turned out. One good thing about the cold temps is that it has helped ripen the lemons.  I was able to pick a few today just after I fed the dog.  So happy to have some fresh lemons ready and at my fingertips whenever I want or need.



Day 337- Friday, 12/3/21

So far so good on the wines in the advent calendar.  I have been pleasantly surprised on how well I've liked each international selection.  The first 3 have even been my top 3 favorite wine types.  The cute small bottles are just big enough for John and I each to have a glass of wine together at the end of our day.  Also TGIF!  The full week back to work after a week off was a lot.




Day 338- Saturday, 12/4/21

Today we got our Christmas tree and started putting out Christmas decorations but still have a lot of work to do.  It's a process that will take us about a week to complete. 




Day 339- Sunday, 12/5/21

I love waking up and having the soft lights of the tree to help ease me into the morning.  It also smells so good in here with a fresh cut tree.  Later for Sunday dinner we had pork chili verde and cranberry margaritas--yum!


That's it!  See you next week with more holiday season goodness.





2 comments:

  1. Outside the new variant...what a fun, festive week!
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowering plan in your back yard and the lemons are beautiful! So sad about the new variant! Glad I got my booster too! Hoping for more normal, but maybe our "normal" just has to change. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete