Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Week 23

Welcome back!  Summer just started and it already feels like it's slipping away.  How does that happen?  The heat has been unreal here so we're all just trying to keep cool.

Take a look at last week's pictures:

Day 158- Monday, 6/6/22

He's staring me down waiting for me to get ready for bed.  Monday's are hard even for the pets and he's so over it. 



Day 159- Tuesday, 6/7/22

I usually hit up the grocery store on Tuesdays in between remote meetings and computer work.  My goal is to make sure I get enough stuff to make dinners for the week so I don't need to come back until next Tuesday.  It usually works until one of the boys or pets need something I hadn't expected.



Day 160- Wednesday, 6/8/22

Today was a beautiful cooler day for a walk, and I just love looking up through this interesting tree.  There aren't many like it around here.





Day 161- Thursday, 6/9/22

Today was a crazy day.  I had to hurry through my morning in-lab work to head home and help Brandon with his dorm room selection appointment.  Since he's still 17 I had to be there to electronically sign for him but it all went well and he now has a dorm room secured in the Juniper building on the 4th floor top left corner.  They have limited housing and not enough dorms for all incoming freshmen so we are very happy he has his housing set--one less thing for me to stress about.  Talking about stress, I spent the afternoon running around getting paperwork in order and signed to extend John's medical leave.  I thought we already had that done but apparently it was only for him getting paid and it's a different process for continuing to keep his job secured past a certain point. Of course I just learned of this late yesterday and need to have it filled out, signed my multiple people, and turned in by first thing tomorrow. Yikes!



Day 162- Friday, 6/10/22

Today was another unnerving day with insane campus traffic and graduation heatwave drama at UC Davis.  What a mess! It was almost near impossible for me to get to my lab today even at 6:30am and then their were those poor graduates melting in the heat for over 6 hrs.  Insane! I've never seen it like that in all the years I've been here. Thankfully getting home was way easier but unfortunately I spent my afternoon and evening fighting insurance to keep John where he is a couple more weeks so he can get strong enough to bridge to acute PT place after missing PT in the current place for almost 2 wks due to COVID.  They just told us today he needs to be out by Tuesday but is not strong enough for acute care to take him yet.  Grr!  Time for some wine and Felicity (a show I always wanted to watch back in the day but never got around to and recently found on HULU--this is how I escape and try to decompress.)



Day 163- Saturday, 6/11/22

Summer vibes- enjoying the pool in the backyard trying not to over think everything.




Day 164- Sunday, 6/12/22

He was finally released from COVID isolation so we visited today and brought Bella with us.  It was a sweet reunion and a good visit on this much cooler day.  Too bad Justin had to work and couldn't join us.  We're hoping next weekend for Father's day we can bring John home for a few hours to have brunch.


That's all for now.  See you next week.


2 comments:

  1. Glad the COVID is all clear. And it's hard lining up all the kids onces they move away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gald you got to see John! You have a stressful week! Insurance is such a pain and so difficult to deal with! Bless you! Enjoy those calm moments!

    ReplyDelete