Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Week 48

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! Last week was a full week which included the start of a new month, another trip to San Francisco, and a lot of rain. Winter is for sure coming even in California.

Take a look:


Day 332- Monday, 11/28/22
It's time to appreciate the blue sky and sunshine even if it's deceiving because the clear sunny days are colder than the overcast days.  The rest of the week will be slightly warmer but will be a lot darker and wetter.






Day 333- Tuesday, 11/29/22
He continues to put in the work and it is paying off but he still has a long way to go.  At least there are others here that have been where he's at and have pretty much fully recovered so he see and feels hope.  I love the big windows and good light here with a nice fall view outside.  It was sunny this morning but got darker and more grey in the afternoon as captured by the mood in my second shot.





Day 334- Wednesday, 11/30/22
He sure knows how to get cozy on dreary days.  Wish I could stay home and cuddle up with a warm blanket too but I'll be away from work the next couple days so have to get as much as possible at work today to make up for what I'll miss.







Day 335- Thursday, 12/1/22
Happy December!  Later this morning we made our way to San Francisco in the pouring rain for John to meet his transplant surgeon who must evaluate and confirm that he is strong enough to tolerate the surgery before being added to the list.  That all went well and interestingly enough it's his height that will be most limiting factor in finding him the right heart.  The donor must be of similar stature and since he is taller than normal that could delay things a bit.  We'll see.  We're staying the night in the city, having dinner with friends, and prepping for another appointment tomorrow.







Day 336- Friday, 12/2/22
Today was an early start where we had to be at UCSF hospital by 6:30am.  John was in the cath lab for a diagnostic informative procedure all morning while I waited. Thankfully all went well and he came out hungry so we tried a place recommended by one of his cardio rehab nurses that was walking distance from the hospital.  It was nice and sunny out which was perfect for a good walk and the brunch there was excellent.  All is good right now and look--I even have a small bacon shaped heart on my plate.  I'll take a  good heart sign wherever I can find them!






Day 337- Saturday, 12/3/22
Speaking of good heart signs, while I was enjoying the view eating breakfast in our room after our second night in SF I spied a paper heart displayed in the building window across from us. 💗
After that we headed home in the pouring rain again so we could get weekend chores started.  Once home I had some catching up to do on opening my advent calendar- 3 new wines to try from 3 different countries.







Day 338- Sunday, 12/4/22
The rain has been a lot and continues today but we do need it and as long as I can keep dry while out in it I'm good.  We had a nice warm meal of chicken wings and fries by Christmas light tonight.  This is our new artificial tree we picked up today which for now is simply plugged in and not decorated yet.  We prefer live trees but with everything going on right now the last thing I need to add to my plate is caring for another living thing.  We miss the good smell of a real tree but will get a live wreath closer to the big day which will help fix that problem.



That's all I have until next week.



1 comment:

  1. Glad your appointments went well and hope the transplant will come quickly! John looks stronger! Your brunch looks yummy and love how you find hearts everywhere! That is a good sign! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete