Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Week 12

Welcome back!  Last week was a very full and eventful week with another, now routine, weekly atmospheric river pushing through as we worked, traveled, and attended more appointments than I can count.  Thankfully we have some time off coming soon and regardless of the relentless winter like weather spring is pushing through adding some color and cheer to our lives.

Here are last week's pictures:


Day 79- Monday, 3/20/23

My new replacement air fryer arrived today.  It only took about a week once I submitted the claim so it was way sooner than I expected and I'm happy to be back in business.  In other news, Tyler sent me this picture of him with one of my high school classmates, Kyle, who I have known since kindergarten! Surreal to see two very different parts of my life unexpectedly together in one picture--happy surprise for sure.  Turns out he works as a nurse at the surgery center Tyler is currently volunteering at and recognized Tyler from some of the Facebook pictures I've posted over the years--small world!  Then there is Justin sharing a picture of some new glasses he came across.  This kid is always finding some new, fun and quirky accessory to embrace--that is so him.




Day 80- Tuesday, 3/21/23

This was a bittersweet day.  In the morning it was nice for John to visit his work and see all his colleagues and team members, but he was also there to clear out his office.  It's been 30 years and a sad way to have to go.  After his transplant and recovery from that he can always come back or decide to try something new.  We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.  In the afternoon, I was able to escape and get a fresh cut and color.  It's been painful growing out my bangs but they are finally at a place where they blend better and don't constantly drive me crazy falling in my face.  My friend Donna who owns her own salon has done a great job getting my color back on track too and it's always fun catching up with her.



Day 81- Wednesday, 3/22/23

Wednesday at work we just published a another scientific paper but for this one we'll have the cover on the journal and there was a press release that over 80 media sources picked up to share.  I took a screen shot of 3 of  them to remember.  It's pretty cool to see your work put out there in that way. Here is the link to the full paper.

 https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2023.1116899

 It's mostly a pathology paper but there is an important serology component that adds to the detection and understanding of the disease which is the role I play. Later, back at home, it was a beautiful sunny day with beautiful spring flowers in bloom on one of our backyard trees.  We had a rough windy and rainy start to the week but the rest of it through the weekend should be nice and clear.




Day 82- Thursday, 3/23/23

It was super cloudy out today and looked like it was threatening to rain but remained dry with no wind.  We'll take it!  At least the clouds are pretty against the blue sky.  Then later, look who I picked up at the airport.  He has no Friday classes this semester so got to come home early for spring break.  Naturally the first thing he does is raid the fridge where he found some leftover cake--score!  It's great to have him back and while it's sad the boys couldn't have their breaks together it is also fun for them to have their own weeks at home alone to be spoiled. 



Day 83- Friday, 3/24/23

Sign of the times--jury selection at home on the couch.  I'm so glad they at least let us do this part by zoom and thankfully I did not get picked to continue.  I actually wouldn't mind being on a trial, but I just can't right now with everything else already on my plate.  First and foremost I need to be able to get John to all his weekly appointments which is just not possible with a non-flexible court schedule.  Maybe next year.  Later I was able to take a walk while John was working in his PT session and I stumble upon these beautiful spring flowers.  I need some of these in my backyard.  They look so fresh and happy--must be all the rain!  You can tell the sun is shining today though.



Day 84- Saturday, 3/25/23

It's time to put the St. Patty's wreath away and bring out the Easter one that I just picked up from Target of course.  It's so crazy that April and Easter are just around the corner.  March blew by--literally with  all those windy rain systems moving through week after week.  We're all hoping April will be more spring like.




Day 85- Sunday, 3/26/23

This is a happy sight to see having an almost full table for Sunday dinner again.  Hopefully this summer we can ALL be together at this table more.  After dinner I caught Rusty peeking around the corner of the stairs.  He does this a lot and always looks so cute spying on us.  It's late and I'm pretty sure he's wanting us to start heading to bed.  He can't settle down for the night until we're all tucked into our proper place.  LOL!--he keeps us on track.


That's all until next time.  See you back again soon but in April!



2 comments:

  1. What a bittersweet day for John! Hope he can get a transplant soon! Do you have any idea how long it will take? Love the spring flowers! Glad you got Brandon home and love your Easter wreath! Congrats on the article! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to close that chapter for John. Hoping for new chances after is transplant!

    ReplyDelete