Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Week 28

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  The heat here has been a bit much but it is typical for us this time of year to have several days in the triple digits.  I know a lot of places across country are experiencing the same thing.  We'll get through this but I am a bit afraid for future years if this trending continues.  Global warming is no joke!  At least we found good ways to keep cool as you will see below.

Here are last week's pictures:

Day 191- Monday, 7/10/23

It's not a bad way to start the week with a pretty sunrise right out front as I head off to work and then to pass some sunset-colored flowers on my walk to the car leaving for the day.  Cheerful eye candy for sure.



Day 192- Tuesday, 7/11/23

This is my go-to cool summer lunch of choice when it's hot out.  After lunch Brandon helped me load up and haul out 12 bags of clothes we're donating to Goodwill.  Since he's still had no luck finding a summer job we're paying him to help with a lot of home projects and closet clean outs are among them--2 closets down and 3 more to go.




Day 193- Wednesday, 7/12/23

Wednesday at work it was already hot out when I got here at 6am and then when I walked out to get coffee at 8 it was too hot for my sweater and I really felt like getting an ice coffee but our lab and building are freezing with the A/C so a hot drink turned out to be the better way to go.  As soon as I got back to my desk to work on clinical reports that sweater also went right back on.  I'm all for A/C but does it always have to be set soooo cold?  





Day 194- Thursday, 7/13/23

I just got home from work and this is how I found these two dealing with the triple-digit heat.  Apparently it's too hot to do anything but sleep.  There is no PT on Thursdays so it really is the best day to nap.



Day 195- Friday, 7/14/23

TGIF! I'm amazed how well the campus plants with flowers are holding up in the heat because mine at home are definitely looking more stressed.  The created nature walking-path from the buildings to the far-out parking lot helps make trekking in the heat to your car at least a bit more pleasant with these pretty plants. Back at home, once the sun started to set, I joined Brandon out by the pool to chill for a bit.  This is his favorite way to cool off and get some hoop time in as well.





Day 196- Saturday, 7/15/23

Today was a chore and house project day.  Brandon was up early while it was still ok to be outside working on cleaning up the front of the house.  Apparently birds and spiders like decorating our newly painted exterior.  Inside we still have no new bed delivered but while we wait we continue to get ready so I did get a new larger rug to fit under the larger bed coming soon.  Thankfully I found the same rug we currently have in the larger size needed because this rug works perfect for pulling together all the colors we have in the room and will also work great with the new bedding.  Plus I love this rug and really wasn't ready to part with it especially since I wasn't finding any better alternatives.





Day 197- Sunday, 7/16/23

BBQ, pool, and root beer floats--a great way to still have fun in the heat and spend good quality time together to wrap up the week.


That's it.  I hope everyone else is finding ways to beat the heat and still enjoy life. Keep cool out there!



2 comments:

  1. Stay cool! I'm impressed by that closet clean out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go cleaning things out! That is such a chore! Pretty flowers despite the heat! Love your rootbeer floats and pool party! Prefect weekend!

    ReplyDelete