Saturday, April 6, 2024

Week 13

Welcome back! Running late again.  We had a busy weekend so I had no real time to get this post ready and once my work week starts it's even harder, but all is good.  March was just very full and super busy but now that we're in April this month is looking chill for a nice break before the craziness of May starts. 

Take a look at how we ended March:


Day 85- Monday, 3/25/24

At work they are changing things up in terms of desk space so I had the opportunity to move to a spot closer to our lab and spent the better part of the day getting moved and set up in the new space.  I'm also expecting a new computer to arrive next week.  Back at home Rusty has rediscovered his blanket cave.  I'm not sure why but for the past several week he's avoided it.  Maybe it had something to do with the us bringing home the puppy?  Whatever the reason I'm Just happy to see him back enjoying his naps here.




Day 86- Tuesday, 3/26/24

Speaking of Rusty he also really enjoys my remote work days when he can have some morning time with me while I drink my coffee and gear up to hit the computer.  Today I also started prepping for Easter and spent some time in the afternoon with Bailey who wants to know why the cat has free range of the house and not her.





Day 87- Wednesday, 3/27/24

Wednesday at work the sky was full of cool clouds as I made my way to get coffee.  There is another couple storms brewing but at least the forecast for Easter is looking good.  After coffee I had a bunch of serology tests to run on clinical marine mammal samples.  Back at home Bailey was happy to have my lap for a nice nap after some playtime outside.  She's getting too big to be able to do this much longer.  Love her lanky legs and cute little paws.




Day 88- Thursday, 3/28/24

 Brandon flew home for spring break and got to finally meet Bailey.  He's lucky because his brothers did a great job socializing her so she warmed right up to him and was not nearly as fearful.





Day 89- Friday, 3/29/24

It's cold and gloomy out with wind and rain but should start to clear tomorrow.  I was home for a university holiday so I did chores and the pets helped.  Rusty supervised as I made the bed and Bailey was intrigued by the whole laundry process.





Day 90- Saturday, 3/30/24

It's time for Bailey's 3 month shots.  She's 13 weeks now and growing like a weed.  Last month she was 12 lbs. and now she is 20 lbs.  Thankfully with a more mature bladder she's also potty trained. She did amazing at the vet visit and was happy to have her new best friend there to support her.  Recently she has taken a liking to the larger adult size crate we have so it won't be long before we upgrade her.  She was WAY too tiny for it when we first got her but is now rocking it like a boss!








Day 91- Sunday, 3/31/24

Happy Easter! We enjoyed a great brunch with most of us here on this beautiful spring day.  Today just so happens to also be Justin's 23rd birthday.  Sadly he's could not be here but we did celebrate with him while he was on break a couple week's ago.


That's it!  Hopefully April will be a lot less eventful so I catch up on things and keep more on track.



No comments:

Post a Comment