Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Week 46

I'm running a little late today.  Tuesday snuck up on me.  How is it almost Thanksgiving already? I'm home this week with the kids who are off from school, but I'm working a couple early mornings like today. I had a great weekend with the girls and am looking forward to some family time at home now. I know this week will go by fast with so much cooking and baking and preparing to do. We have John's parents coming into town Friday as well so we'll be preparing two huge meals--Turkey on Thursday and Prime Rib on Friday. I'll have to hit my workouts hard after this week!

Here's what went down last week:


Day 316- Sunday, 11/11/12
The boys are at a loss without their computer.  The new one we bought in August turned out to be a lemon so John packed it up for a return.  After talking to tech support for over an hour it turns out they can just send us a new hard drive so we don't have to ship the whole thing.  Hopefully we'll be back in business soon.  They need that computer for school!


 
Day 317- Monday, 11/12/12
Happy Veteran's Day!  I truly am grateful for all those who have served to protect our country.  Typically this is the day we set aside for having our family pictures done so here we are waiting to view the shots that were just taken.  It's a zoo here so there is a long wait, and Tyler is happy the new Star Wars Angry Birds has just come out to help keep him entertained.



 Day 318- Tuesday, 11/13/12
. . .and today he has moved on to another new game just released.  He used some birthday money for a pre-order, and being the nice mommy that I am, I picked it up for him so he could play as soon as he got home.  He conveinently finished all his homework at school ;0)



 Day 319- Wednesday, 11/14/12
This must be Tyler's week.  It's harder and harder to get pictures of him these days.  The younger ones are more willing so I'll take what I can get.  Anyway, today was the water polo end of season party and Tyler was voted "Rookie of the Year!"  He had a really good season and we're so proud.



 Day 320- Thursday, 11/15/12
My sweet napping pets.  At least it's a lazy afternoon for them, and they look so cute napping together.


 
Day 321- Friday, 11/16/12
Time for girl's weekend.  Justin calls it "Momcation" and John calls it "Moms Gone Wild".  Whatever you want to call it I 'm glad I'm here ;0)  We're finally all together and finishing up our first night with a yummy drink.


 
 Day 322- Saturday, 11/17/12
 Here is the view from our hotel.  It's the Tower Bridge in Scaramento.  LOL!  I live just on the other side so I didn't escape very far, but it's a nice hotel in a great location with lots of fun places to vist within walking distance.  It poured rain most the day, but we still had a really good time.
 

 
That's it for now. See you next week and have a happy Thanksgiving!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love that you don't worry about getting too many pics of one child over another in a week. Like you said, right now you'll take whatever pics you can get from your oldest.

    Those names for your Girl's Weekend crack me up! I'm going to start using that one "Momcation." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your weeks photos. The sleeping furkids photo is so sweet & Momcation looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son on getting Rookie of the Year! Hope you had a blast on your girl's weekend! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a girls weekend, I need to try and sort one out for my girlfriends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls' Weekend sounds fabulous! Looks like you had lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great girls weekend! How fun!

    ReplyDelete