Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 7

Happy Tuesday!  It was so nice to have a long weekend after a couple busy weeks in a row.  I was finally able to catch up on some stuff at home and also able to enjoy my family and friends without having too many other commitments get in the way.  I'm back to the grind today though.  There is a lot on my plate at work and unfortunately that will only get worse before it gets better.

At any rate, here is how last week looked:


Day 42- Monday, 2/11/13
Justin had his awards ceremony at school today, and since it was in the afternoon I was able to attend. He's doing well (awards for honor roll, perfect attendance, and citizenship) and was surprised to see me there since he knows I can't always make it because of work.




Day 43- Tuesday, 2/12/13
Today was a super long work day.  I was at work from 6 am until after 6 pm, and by the time I got home there was no one here but the cat.  At least he was happy to see me and get some snuggle time in which gave me a good excuse to put my feet up for a few minutes at least.




Day 44- Wednesday, 2/13/13
Brandon is the only kid filling out Valentine's for his class this year, and he didn't want to do it either, but his whole third-grade class was asked to bring something in for everyone.  He was afraid he'd get teased for giving a card to girls so we picked up m&m's that had a "to" and "from" spot to write on instead of mushy cards to give out.  At least he felt better about that.




Day 45- Thursday, 2/14/13
Happy Valentine's Day!  John surprised me with a pizza dinner from Woodstock's Pizza in Davis which is a place we used to frequent when we were dating.  It was perfect especially after come home late from being at the pool with Tyler.  I also got 3 more charms for my Pandora bracelet, a box of See's chocolates and some Orange Moscato Champagne to go with dinner--Yumm!  I gave my sweetheart a red Nike basketball shirt and some chocolates.  The boys also got some goodies and they all surprised me with a handmade note or card.  Everyone was feeling the love today.




Day 46- Friday, 2/15/13
The kids were off from school, and it was gorgeous out so we decided to take a bike ride.  The weather is perfect but it was a bit buggy out.




Day 47- Saturday, 2/16/13
Today we headed out with friends to the Old Sugar Mill in Clarksberg for a Port and Chocolate Lovers' event.  Lots of wine tasting and chocolate sampling.  Afterward everyone gathered at our house for a nice steak dinner.  Good food and good company!




Day 48- Sunday, 2/17/13
It's a lazy Sunday.  Tyler has been working on writing his own D&D campaign and is just about done but wanted to do a little more research to see if he could jazz it up a bit so he spent a good amount of time pouring over D&D books today--always with his phone by his side ;0) 



That's all for now.  We have a cold front moving in after enjoying a couple weeks of spring-like weather so I hope everyone stays warm.  Thanks for stopping by and see you next week.


 

9 comments:

  1. What a great week! Brandon's reluctance to do valentines made me laugh--my 2nd grade boy felt the same. Your V-day looks like a fun one! Your Saturday with friends also sounded like lots of fun. Have a good week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful captures of life! Looks like a fun week! Love the cat snuggles, that would be so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you guys had a fun and busy week.Neither of my girls wanted to hand out Valentine's cards this year and it actually made me kind of sad.I thought my youngest would for sure as she is in grade 6 but apparently that is too old. I am impressed at how clean your son's bedroom is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest - Braden - was the only kid in my house this year to give out Valentine's. And he's left handed like your son. My 6th grader wished he could give out Valentine's this year or should I say GET them this year. He misses all the candy. There are perks to being in elementary school after all! The wine tasting day looks like lots of fun - so fun that you have that locally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...you had a lovely week...3 pandora charms AND a wine and chocolate festival with friends...Girl...that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your week, it looks like your Valentines rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun week! Your Valentine's Day was much more exciting than mine ;)

    And that wine tasting with friends sound divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful week! That's so great that you were able to surprise your son at his awards ceremony. I bet he was thrilled to have you there. Your Valentine's Day looked like a lot of fun, too! That was so sweet of your hubby to get dinner from some place sentimental.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great week! So great to have surprises! And time to put your feet up when the house is quiet!

    ReplyDelete