Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week 7

Here we are at Tuesday again which feels more like a Monday since I had yesterday off for President's Day. Last week was a short work week but it seemed really long because things were crazy busy.  I was just glad it ended early and with a nice long weekend.  We've been enjoying the Olympics and also watching in awe at all the crazy winter storms the rest of the nation is experiencing.  What a weird weather year it's shaping up to be!  While our lack of rain here in Calif. is no good I think I'd rather be here in the warm sun then stuck in some of the ice storms others are dealing with.  Let's just hope I don't pay too much for it later.

At any rate here is how we spent last week:


Day 41- Monday, 2/10/14
I'm sitting here at work waiting on our cryo tanks to fill.  They have to be topped off once a month and we have 3 of them so it takes me about 20-30 minutes to get through them all.





Day 42- Tuesday, 2/11/14
Last week was conferences so this week it's awards.  I had to miss Justin's assembly yesterday because it was in the morning which is really the middle of my work day, but I was able to attend Brandon's today because his was in the afternoon at the end of my day.  Both boys are doing great and make me proud.





Day 43- Wednesday, 2/12/14
This is how Rusty greets me when I get home from work.  He likes to rub up on my legs and then stand and stretch like he's scratching on a tree trunk or something.  His face looks mean here, but he's just concentrating and actually really happy to see me.  LOL!





Day 44- Thursday, 2/13/14
I was able to get out at lunch and take a stroll through the arboretum on campus.  There are actually quite a few flowers in bloom which is pretty to see but also a reminder of how we've pretty much fast forwarded through winter this year.  After the good rain dumping a week ago we really haven't had much more :0/






Day 45- Friday, 2/14/14
Happy Valentine's Day!  John brought home some dinner, we exchanged gifts, toasted to our love, and then we all enjoyed a brownie ice-cream heart dessert--Yum!  It was a nice evening and a great way to start the weekend.  The kids had no school today so they didn't have any class parties for Valentine's this year which seemed weird.  I missed helping them fill out cards.





Day 46- Saturday, 2/15/14
The Placer County Wine Trail had a wine and treat tasting event so we went to check it out with Sharon and Richie.  It was a lot of fun, and we get to continue to use our glasses for free tastings through March--Score!





Day 47- Sunday, 2/16/14
Yesterday was grey and gloomy, but today was bright and sunny so it was a perfect day for a bike ride.  I had 2 eager riders join me on a cruise around the neighborhood to finally test out my new bike which is quite smooth.  Love it!



That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll join me again next week.


The Mom Creative

5 comments:

  1. Another great work picture!
    Congrats to the boys on their awards.

    I know how you feel about having to miss school things for the kids. Sometimes it stinks to be a working Mom & having to miss things like assemblies, huh? Oh, well. I figure as long as they know we love them and would be there if we could, then it all works out. :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week! The the photo of the cat. That is a cool perspective! Glad you got to try out your new bike, and your Valentine's looks fun! Beautiful flower picture also! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good at all of your accomplishments! Hope this day is a great one. Did you see the details of where he got that watch? see just above my booties photo, if you missed it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day with all of your guys! That's too bad your boys didn't get to exchange Valentines at school with their friends. I'm looking forward to that when my little ones are older and in school. It was always one if my favorite holidays to celebrate at school. I'm glad you were also able to try out your new bike! Looks like y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete