Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week 11

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  This past week was such a contrast from the week before.  So much sun and really good weather especially the last few days.  It's been in the low 80's and so beautiful out.  I even got some yard work done, and it felt great to be outside in the warm sunshine.  Unfortunately the wind has picked up, but hopefully that will end soon.  Maybe it's time to start thinking about planting a few things or getting our garden beds up and working again.  I also want to move our porch swing and maybe put in a fire pit.  Yep!  The backyard needs some attention so we can enjoy it again and the possibilities seems endless.  It's amazing what a little sunshine and warm weather will inspire you to do ;0)

Until then take a look at last week's pictures:


Day 69- Monday, 3/10/14
It's my turn to wait for the boys at swim.  Even with the time change it's still dark out before they finish and once that sun goes down the temps really drop.





Day 70- Tuesday, 3/11/14
While I'm making dinner Justin is looking for guidance in trying to find a new reading book he can download that's within his lexile--not an easy task especially since he can't read anything that's already been made into a movie and will still hold his interest.  I can't remember what he finally decided on, but he did eventually find something.





Day 71- Wednesday, 3/12/14
The boys were happy and proud to find this Thomas train named Rusty buried in their closet and brought it out to show Rusty our cat.





Day 72- Thursday, 3/13/14
Hello spring!  This is one of many we saw in bloom while walking the dog today.  Who wants to make a wish?





Day 73- Friday, 3/14/14
Someone's still loosing teeth here.  He's moved on to the molars now and made quite a scene at school during lunch when this one came out in a bloody mess.  Of course all the girls were grossed out, and the boys thought it was cool.





Day 74- Saturday, 3/15/14
San Francisco, SLO, and sushi!  I had to do some outreach work Saturday but was blessed with a gorgeous day and an amazing view from our meeting room in San Francisco on Crissy Field.  Meanwhile, Tyler was on road trip with the Wong family to check out Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo and enjoyed trying some new food.  Thanks to Sharon and Richie for taking my son with them and keeping me in the loop with pictures of their adventure.





Day 75- Sunday, 3/16/14
Flip flop season has arrived.  I picked these up in Hawaii over Christmas when the pair I packed broke on an evening outing (haha--remember Sharon?), and I haven't been able to wear them since.  It sure felt good to slip them on for such a beautiful spring day.  I spent most of my time out back with the birds, and the bugs, and the weeds trying to tame the jungle that is my yard and enjoyed every minute of it.



That's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you next week.


The Mom Creative

4 comments:

  1. Busy week!! The bridge shot - love it!! What reading level is Justin at? I may have some good ideas for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, not only was it a busy week, it was an interesting one as well. Love the flip flops, waiting for the snow to melt here. I was also eyeing your son's sushi :) Love that photo of the bridge too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flip flop shot! Can't wait for those days here! Busy week for you, but it looks beautiful! Love the Rusty train. My boy still loves Thomas trains! I dread when those days end!! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 80 degrees sounds so nice! I can't wait for some flip flop weather here. We've had a few warm days but I haven't broken out my warm weather wardrobe yet. I love how there's always something interesting going on in your family -- one kid losing teeth and one looking at colleges!

    ReplyDelete