Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 12

Welcome back!  Is anyone else freaking out that it's the end of March already?  I blinked and the the whole start to the new year disappeared.  Sigh--we're already making summer plans.  I do wish spring break would get here sooner though.  It's super late for us this year because it's always the week of Easter.  We still have 3 more weeks to go and it seems like everyone else has already had theirs.  A break sounds soooo nice right about now.  We can't go anywhere because the kids have commitments, but at least there is no school or work so we can enjoy some downtime. 

Until then take a look last week's pictures:


Day 76- Monday, 3/17/14
Happy St. Patrick's Day! There's no time for me to make corned beef and cabbage, but we can still have fun with dinner and go green.  I found these plates and straws at Target and went crazy with the food coloring ;0)  The boys loved it.





Day 77- Tuesday, 3/18/14
At work I'm processing a lot of horse samples.  These blood tubes are from mare and foal pairs at birth and a few days after to add to an interesting drug trial were hoping to publish this year.  It involves a lot of good and interesting results.  I love working with our horse clinician--he gets things done!  This is in addition to those 5000 horse samples I'm slowly working through.  I think we've tested about 300 so we still have a long ways to go.





Day 78- Wednesday, 3/19/14
Today I spent a lot of time at the pool.  Tyler had his first home meet of the season in the afternoon (that's him the third lane over), and then I raced home to feed the younger kids, get them changed, and headed back to the water for their swim clinics.  Brandon is done and working on his nightly reading while we wait for Justin.  My tag team partner is out of town which makes for a long day.





Day 79- Thursday, 3/20/14
John is in Reno for March Madness working on his basketball brackets which means I'll be heading to work late so I can take over morning duty and see the kids off to school.  Good-bye my little darlings.  Have a good day ;0)





Day 80- Friday, 3/21/14
It's movie night with my boys, and they are super excited I picked up the new Thor flick for them.  Justin in particular is a huge Marvel fan and is loving all the new Marvel movies and shows coming out lately.





Day 81- Saturday, 3/22/14
School number 2 on the college tour.  This is where John and I went to school and where I have worked for the past 19 years which means it may be a little too close to home for these boys.  We'll see.  I think UC Santa Cruz is up next but finding the time to break away and get there might be tricky.





Day 82- Sunday, 3/23/14
Spring water polo is up and these boys are rusty.  They have not been practicing because their true focus now is on high school swim so it was kind of an ugly day.  In the end the combination of some unnecessary roughness, a poor ref. call, and the coach being penalized for his concerns over the welfare of his player did not go down well and very much involved Tyler.  I do want to thank the coach, the players, and all the parents that supported and stood up for my son.  He is fine but was pretty shaken and upset over getting kicked out trying to defend himself from a player pulling his cap off and using the strings still tied around his neck to strangle him.  He had no choice but to fight like crazy.  Can you imagine someone trying to choke you like that while under water??  It left some nice red marks that I probably should have taken a picture of.  This is supposed to be fun and games not kids beating on kids to win and then laughing and bragging about it right after a team pulls from the game.  I'm not exactly sure what this means for the rest of our spring season, but I am glad our coach and parents took a stand and made a statement.  Player safety is no joke and dirty aggressive players with poor refereeing is a bad combination for safe sports.



OK! That's it--off my soap box ;0)  Sorry to end on such a somber note.  I needed to go all "mama bear" on this issue.  Check back next week hopefully for more fun and less drama! 


The Mom Creative

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the game! That sounds crazy! Player safety should be the most important. I am sorry that happened to Tyler, but glad you had support. I can't believe you are doing college tours. Ugh. That is coming up way too fast! Looks like a fun week! Our family loves the Marvel movies too. Thor 2 was good. Hope you have a good next week and aren't single parenting again! Take care!

    ReplyDelete