Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Week 16

Happy Tuesday and welcome back.  I'm beat! Last week was a crazy busy week and I'm still trying to recover from it.  I think this week will be pretty mellow though so hopefully I'll bounce back soon.  It helps that our expected sample collection for work did not happen over the weekend so no lab testing needs to be done.  That was a happy surprise for my Monday.  I so need a break from processing those samples to catch up on other work I've had to set aside and looks like this will be the week that happens.  There are also no swim meets this week and less homework because of standardized testing.  I like the sound of that.  Is it me or does April seem like a real long month?

At any rate, take a look at how we spent our super exhausting week last week:


Day 103- Monday, 4/13/15
Brandon is working hard on his state project.  He has an ABC book he has to create that is due in a couple weeks and is on letter M so almost half way.  Then there is a poster and food item to bring.  Unfortunately, because the standards have changed, his project requires a lot more writing than his brothers had to do for their state project which is slowing things down quite a bit.  Each letter page needs 1-2 written paragraphs.  That is easy for some and not so easy for others, but he's plugging through and will get there.  Oh, and we just found out that on top of this he has a 3 chapter book to write due in 4 weeks on a topic he hates.  Ugh!  Were so ready for school to be done.





Day 104- Tuesday, 4/14/15
This is my breakfast buddy.  I'm up and out the door before anyone else is even out of bed so it's nice to at least have a little company. He's always very attentive and cuddly too following me around until I'm off.  The only problem is weekends.  He doesn't like to sleep in, and I'm the one he wants up with him.






Day 105- Wednesday, 4/15/15
Swim meet #1 for the week.  It was a fun meet against Dixon.  They know a lot of the Dixon swimmers from polo and summer swim which makes the races more exciting.  Tyler's finished up the meet with a relay and then we took off to Natomas to picked up his tux for the big day on Saturday.





Day 106- Thursday, 4/16/15
Justin and Brandon both had dr visits right after school.  It's been a stressful and emotional past couple weeks for Justin with schedule changes at home and school.  All that concern and worry wears a person out, and I think today the exhaustion overcame him.  This child is NOT a napper but crashed in the car on our long ride home from the appointment.  Hopefully he's recharging because he has swim practice in a couple hours.  We have super long days this month, and I can't wait until May when that all ends.





Day 107- Friday, 4/17/15
Swim meet #2 for the week and the last meet of the high school season.  It's an away meet and was such a weird one run in a really strange way.  There was a lot of confusion and somehow Tyler got  put in a heat all by himself to swim the backstroke which is hard to do, but his team rallied and rooted him on in a big way to make the race against himself more fun and exciting.  It was super hot out too but TGIF! Once we got home from the meet I was happy to relax.  I walked the dog to help unwind and then settled in for the night.





Day 108- Saturday, 4/18/15
Here is our handsome boy all ready for Prom.  Tyler and his date, Gabi, looked amazing together.  They went with a big group of friends and had a great time.  Thank you Misty and Danette for taking and sharing pictures.  Once he was off having fun at the big event John and I met friends for a nice steak dinner at Cattlemen's.  It was good to get out and enjoy ourselves.





Day 109- Sunday, 4/19/15
It's a lazy Sunday here.  Tyler didn't get home until 3 am so of course he slept in but not as late as this guy. Brandon loves his "cozy" bed and really enjoys his sleep.  I love the way he says cozy--it's so sweet and so darn cute.  I had to wake him just after 10 am.  Must be nice.  No sleeping in for me.  The kitty alarm woke me early but that's ok because I had 6-8 loads of laundry to get through, grocery shopping, and prep for the start of our next week.  Plus I needed to help Brandon print out more finished pages for his ABC book.  He got through the letter P today.  I did at least get out back for a few minutes to smell the roses which are in full bloom.  These yellow ones are my favorites.




That wraps up our super busy week.  How much longer until summer break?  We're all ready for a slower pace and look forward to some fun travel escapes.  I hear the beach is calling.



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much school work kids have these days. I hope a Brandon gets through all his projects soon. Tyler looks so handsome all dressed up in his tux! Looks like he had a great time. I'm glad you and the hubby got to have a fun night out, too! And how do you even get through 6-8 loads of laundry in one day?! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! That is a crazy week! So totally understand it!! Prom looks great! Abigail missed hers while she was in Seattle, but there is always next year. Hope the ABC book project continues to go well. It looks really cool! It is nice to have a day to totally rest and relax and sleep in! Hope this next week is less crazy for you!

    ReplyDelete