Sunday, April 1, 2018

Week 9

Finally!  I'm getting back on track.  It's not Tuesday but I have a lot of weeks to catch up with so here we go.  There will be several posts over the next few day since I have an entire month to make up for.  It's crazy how long it took us to recover from that simple computer system update.  I should send Microsoft the bill--seriously!

Anyway, here are the pictures from a few weeks ago:



Day 57- Monday, 2/26/18
What a crazy start to the week with really wild weather!  We had rain, thunder, lightening, a rainbow and a huge hailstorm that actually left a couple inches of hail on the ground in many places around town.  We had a litttle piled up in our backyard and in Tyler's truck, but I drove home through a couple areas where the roads were completely covered in it--very strange to see where we live. It felt more like Tahoe than West Sac.




Day 58- Tuesday, 2/27/18
At work I have a project that requires reading a lot of blood-smear slides and this scope works best.  It's not my normal reading scope so it feels odd but it reads this type of slide better so I'm getting use to it.  Look at that old style radio in the background.  It was left by someone that retired and it still works and is used occasionally.





Day 59- Wednesday, 2/28/18
Time for a new season of Survivor.  There have been so many I've lost count but once again they are changing things up to help keep it fresh and interesting.  This one is called Ghost Island and centers around past mistakes that have haunted players.





Day 60- Thursday, 3/1/18
Welcome to March!  It's cold and wet out and coming in like a lion so hopefully that means it will leave like a lamb which will be perfect because the end of March is during spring break.  How weird is it that we are just now using the fire for the first time this year in March of all months?!





Day 61- Friday, 3/2/18
He came home soaking wet from track practice so I helped warm him up by making some hot cocoa in his favorite new mug.




Day 62- Saturday, 3/3/18
Brandon is doing his science fair experiment today.  The science fair isn't until the 1st week in April but they are required to have data collected and turned by the end of next week so best to get it done on the weekend since we know there will be no time during the week.  He's testing how salt concentration affects the freezing point of water.






Day 63- Sunday, 3/4/18
John is in Tahoe taking advantage of the new, late, massive amount of snow that's fallen there so I'm watching the Oscars by myself with a nice bottle of wine.  I usually like the Oscars but this one was a bit too political for my taste.  At least it was relatively short and now I have a list of movies I haven't seen yet that I really want to watch.




That's it for my first lost week. The next will follow shortly.



2 comments:

  1. That STINKS that you had such issues w/ your computer. THANK GOODNESS they were able to save your lost files. It's scary how dependent I am on technology. I'm glad it all worked out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your computer back and running and you didn't lose any of your files! That is scary! The hail is pretty cool! That is a lot of snow! I hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete