Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Week 29

Happy Tuesday and welcome back!  I've been working like crazy trying to plan for our upcoming vacation.  Only 2 more weeks but it will be here before I know it because there is a lot going on in those 2 weeks.  My boys are active and actually 2 are out camping with friends this week on separate trips which is super fun for them.  I 'll have to bug them to send pictures.  I also have a bunch of stuff for work I need to tie up before I can start really thinking about vacation.  I want peace and relaxation which means work things must not be on my mind while I'm there.  Hopefully I can make that happen.

Here's a recap of how last week went down.  It was a week that screamed summer:


Day 197- Monday, 7/16.18
One of our past graduate students is visiting from Chile to do a bit of work here and brought me a nice bottle of Chilean wine which was very refreshing on this hot evening.





Day 198- Tuesday, 7/17/18
Brandon alternates between tennis and basketball practice to fill his summer days but also has time to relax and bit here and there.  He's been happy with this nice balance of active and down time.





Day 199- Wednesday, 7/18/18
This afternoon I spent some time in the backyard picking more tomatoes and checking on the sprinklers.  Funny thing is I thought I bought 2 larger variety tomato plants and turns out on of them is a cherry tomato type and boy can that plant crank out the fruit.




Day 200- Thursday, 7/19/18
We're making homemade ice-cream mixes that need to chill overnight and I let the boys drink the extra chocolate milk.  Justin quickly indulged and ended up sporting a nice milk mustache.





Day 201- Friday, 7/20/18
Those mixes are ready to be made into ice-cream.  Brandon is adding in some mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to our chocolate batch.





Day 202- Saturday, 7/21/18
It's a pleasant summer evening which is perfect for grilling burgers and eating that homemade ice cream. Yum!





Day 203- Sunday, 7/22/18
Tyler is headed out on his second day at a new job.  It's another life guarding job but this time at a lake.  He'll be working weekends at Rancho Seco Recreational Park while still guarding at the local rec center mid week.  And yes, that's an old non-active nuclear plant in the background which kind of creeps me out but the water is tested on a regular basis so it's safe and it actually sounds like it's a popular summer hot spot.   Me, I'll stick to my backyard pool which I did enjoy this afternoon.




That's all folks.  Catch you on the flip side.

1 comment: