Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Week 30

Hi there and welcome back!  It's Tuesday again and we're stuck in smoke here while fires burn in our state.  It's so hard to see so much destruction and loss and we hope those fires end soon.  Last week was a crazy week and not all good either but we made it through and in comparison to what other are going through right now it's really nothing at all.

Here's a look at last week's pictures:


Day 204- Monday, 7/23/18
Our Chilean friend Aiko is here for work one more week so Ann and I went out to dinner with her which was great fun.  And yes we're melting because it's after 6 pm and still over 100 degrees out plus a little humid which is something we are not used to in these parts.





Day 205- Tuesday, 7/24/18
I actually got to watch one of Brandon's first competitive tennis matches and, wow, he's improved a lot since I saw him play last.  Poor kids we're playing mid afternoon it the heat though so it had to be a quick one.  I also think the heat is getting to Bella's nose.  We'll have to keep an eye on that because I don't like the way it looks.





Day 206- Wednesday, 7/25/18
Tyler made it home from camping in--guess where?--Yosemite which was a bit nerve wracking since there is a big fire down there.   Him and his friends were more in the northern part of the park and the fire is just south of the park but still the whole place is full of smoke.  Good thing they planned on coming home today because the park was actually evacuated due to unhealthy air.  Their journey home was not without incident though.  Let's just say they learned a thing or two about changing a tire on the fly.  I'm so glad they are all home safe and sound.  I know it was fun for them but bad timing with the fire and all.





Day 207- Thursday, 7/26/18
Today started out as a really nice day.  I took Justin and his friend Andy to check out Chico State and we had a great time exploring the campus and the surrounding shops and eateries in town but our journey home was even worse than Tyler's yesterday.  My car blew a coolant hose and the radiator cracked just outside of Marysville which is about 40 miles from home.  It was super hot out and I had to be towed, but we made it home safe and the car can be fixed so this pales in comparison to what the people in Redding are going through right now as the Carr fire north of us burns.  It's just heartbreaking.  I know many people from my high-school years who live in this area and I was just there a few months ago visiting. That middle picture found circulating on facebook is the Sundial bridge with the fire burning in the background and the last picture was taken by me when we were at the same bridge over spring break.  Please pray that these fires end and no more lives, homes, or business are lost.




Day 208- Friday, 7/27/18
Cheers to the start of our weekend.  I'm exhausted and so glad this week is almost over.






Day 209- Saturday, 7/28/18
I'm happy to report that Bella's nose is looking so much better and almost perfectly healed.  I'm still not sure what caused the damage but I'm glad it went away quickly.  John and I escaped later this evening for dinner and a movie downtown.  We just had to see this one on the big screen and even ran into a couple friends unexpectedly. Small world!





Day 210- Sunday 7/29/18
It was a baking type of day for me.  I'm working on this cake for Brandon's birthday.  He didn't want anything theme related just this over-the-top brownie cake he saw on the back of a box.  It was actually pretty simple to put together but required way too many dishes for my liking.  Also Justin has just returned from his camping trip with friends and he's pretty tired and tapped out but had a good time with the gang at Folsom lake.




Wait!  One more--

July's Family Photo



Just a quick pic in the backyard with the loves of my life and our smokey skies.




Ok all done!  Next week we'll be on vacation so no post until I return.  We all need this little escape just before school starts.  How can that be so soon already?!  I could use a whole other month of summer break--seriously!


2 comments:

  1. That cake looks amazing!! So glad the camping trip was fun and that Bella's nose is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary about the fires! That is so sad! Pray the stop soon! Hope you have a great vacation and enjoy the time together!

    ReplyDelete