Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Week 41

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  I'm ready for the rest of this week to be a good one.  Yesterday was emotionally draining as some of you know because Brandon was in a bike accident involving a car, but he is OK and doing well with just a couple scratches and a sore shoulder.  Thanks for all those who reached out and sent well wishes.  We are very grateful it turned out to be nothing serious and are counting our blessings.  This month is flying by but what else is new?  The nice fall weather continues and is a great treat.  We're pretty busy with planning a remodel for our house and made some progress this weekend that will help us get started real soon.  It's a bit over whelming but the end result will be well worth it.

Here's a look at last week's pictures-


Day 281- Monday, 10/8/18
It's a beautiful day out but a crazy Monday work-wise so on my break it helps to sit in the window to clear my head while enjoying the view of campus from the 5th floor of the building where our lab is located.







Day 282- Tuesday, 10/9/18
Here's another 5th floor view first thing as I'm coming into work right at sunrise.  Fall time always gives off the best sunrises and I'm fortunate enough to catch them with my schedule.  Back at home our front porch area is also looking very fallish with those pumpkins we picked up last week.  The bumpy one is my favorite.





Day 283- Wednesday, 10/10/18
It's been awhile since Brandon asked to join me walking the dog so of course I said yes.  His basketball practice has been less lately so he has more free time, and it was nice to have him tag along for our evening stroll.  Bella likes it too.  Then later I noticed that one of the day lilies by the pool has started to bloom again which is refreshing to see since we lost a lot of the flower color in our yard during the heatwave late September.  I'll most certainly take one last bloom cycle before winter sets in.





Day 284- Thursday, 10/11/18
Tonight I'm working the Boosters' snack bar at the freshman football game.  I like being able to work a Thursday shift so I don't have to work Friday night.  It was a lovely evening too.  This is always a good time of year to be outside.




Day 285- Friday, 10/12/18
TGIF!  The boys just finished midterms and Justin had a really good day so he came home in a great mood which is unusual for him during testing season.  I'm so glad he ended the first quarter on a good note and can now relax and enjoy his weekend.  Then while I was curled up on the couch watching a movie I lifted the blanket and saw this.  Those eyes!  He likes this corner spot to peek up at me especially when popcorn is nearby.  Silly kitty.





Day 286- Saturday, 10/13/18
After a full day of checking out remodel ideas in showrooms and picking some materials John and I went out to dinner and a movie.  They just opened up a new Yard House restaurant right next to the movie theater so we ate there and had a couple drinks of course.  Great food, great movie, great company, and another great fall night!





Day 287- Sunday, 10/14/18
The boys have been hinting that I should make some pumpkin bread and today seemed like a good day for that.  We made 3 loaves and packed one up in a fall care package to send to Tyler.




Ok that's it!  Hope to see you all next week.


2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Brandon! Glad he is okay and doing better, but that is really scary! Bless your heart! Hope things continue to get better! Looks like a fun week. Hope your remodel goes well. Those are always so stressful, seems like it takes twice as long and costs twice as much :) Yummy pumpkin bread! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Brandon!! Hope he mends quickly and well!

    ReplyDelete