Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Week 43

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  I can't believe it's Halloween tomorrow and also it's demo day in my house!!  Things are about to get real.  I'm not sure how we'll survive without a kitchen, laundry, or main living space for at least 2 weeks but somehow we'll manage. Deep breaths.

For now here are last week's pictures:

Day 295- Monday, 10/22/18
This afternoon was beautiful out and I was putzing about in the yard with my sidekick who always enjoys the opportunity to explore out back free from her dog run.





Day 296- Tuesday, 10/23/18
Brandon got this 3D skull puzzle for his birthday over the summer and had it mostly complete but got stuck and abandoned it for awhile.  With Halloween coming up he felt inspired to try again and got it all done this time.  It's pretty cool but hard to photograph the details with all the layered pieces refracting light.





Day 297- Wednesday, 10/24/18
Another beautiful fall sunrise up on the 5th floor of VM3A were I work.  I even caught a huge bird in there this time.  I'm pretty sure it's a raptor of some sort looking to hunt rodents out and about at dawn.





Day 298- Thursday, 10/25/18
Justin is taunting Bella with a treat and she is sitting there perfectly still, pretty, and waiting.  What you can't see is the drool dripping from her mouth in anticipation, and I'll for sure make him mop up the puddle after ;0)





Day 299- Friday, 10/26/18
 TGIF!  It's been a long week and we just decided to pull the trigger and sign a contract to get our remodel started in hopes it will be done before Thanksgiving.  Hold on tight--it's going to be a wild ride and it starts tomorrow with shopping for appliances, but tonight we relax and enjoy each other's company.





Day 300- Saturday, 10/27/18
I had pretty much all the other Halloween decorations up and out except for my huge hanging spider so after we spent the morning driving around deciding on remodel stuff I put him up in all his glory.  I also begged Tyler for a few random pictures and this is what I got.  LOL!  He's a total college boy tailgating at a football game and partaking in some frat ceremony.  That's ok-- I'll take what I can get.





Day 301- Sunday, 10/28/18
While John is away at a motorcycle class I worked on out picking tile for bathroom floors and the kitchen backsplash, and the boys worked on carving pumpkins.  It's great they are so self-sufficient and didn't really need any help from me except for setup and cleanup.  I'm trying to keep some sort of normalcy for them while I pack stuff away but there's no doubt they'll feel pretty out of sorts without the true comforts of home in the coming days.




Wait!  One more:

October's Family Photo







This was taken Saturday on one last, fine, fall day in October before the winds picked up and the chill set in.  We're sad to be missing Tyler here but he'll be home in a few weeks for Thanksgiving so we'll get him in the November family photo for sure and the December one as well.




That's it. See you next week in November!


2 comments:

  1. Hope your remodel goes well! Those are always so stressful, but so nice when they are done! Love the pumpkins and spider! Good to see your college boy! Hope you survive the next two weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be remodeling! Love the tile!!

    ReplyDelete