Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Week 2

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  Here we are ready to view week 2.  So far its been a soggy start to the new year with more to come but at least that means plenty of snow in the mountains.  Our upcoming ski trip should be great and I can't wait.

Until then here are last week's pictures:


Day 7- Monday, 1/7/19
We're starting the week with more basketball and the boys just got new warm up shirts that they are wearing for the first time today.  Looking sharp!  Later Justin was having way too much fin cleaning up after dinner.  Love that smile.






Day 8- Tuesday, 1/8/19
The pets are dealing with the cold wet weather as best they can.  Rusty also misses Tyler so he found a nice warm comfy spot in Tyler's empty room for a nap.  Hmm, looks like the frat sweatshirt got accidentally left behind.  I'll have to send it in the next care package.  Now as for the other pet Justin was kind enough to offer to walk Bella in the rain and then made sure to towel her off when they returned.  She actually doesn't mind the rain or the rub down after ;0)






Day 9- Wednesday, 1/9/18
Wednesday at work I'm getting back into a groove.  It's always an adjustment after a long break but we have many good projects coming up so there is a lot to prep for and look forward to.  After work it was another basketball game--2nd one away from home in the week which means a lot of traveling and I hate traveling in the rain.  At least it wasn't too far.  We're at  McClatchy which is one of our biggest rival schools.  Tyler was intrigued by that so I was texting him about the game throughout.  Sadly we lost.  Ugh!





Day 10- Thursday, I/10/19
We get a break from the rain but had to deal with the fog and boy was it thick.  The first picture is at 8am looking out the lab window at a white wall of fog and then just an hr later things cleared up nicely and we can actually see the start of blue sky and sunshine.  The part I hated the most was driving to work in the thick of it.  Yikes!  I feel so lost when I can't see my landmarks.





Day 11- Friday, 1/11/19
TGIF! And guess where we spent it?  At a ball game of course.  Third one this week but at least it was finally at home.  Doesn't the bench look thrilled?  LOL!  We were losing by quite a bit here.  Thankfully they kicked it into high gear after this picture was taken so things turned around and we actually ended up winning.  This was cause for celebration so we had a late dinner afterward at In-N-Out.  I accidentally took this picture of the receipt while waiting on food so when I found it on my phone later I thought I'd include it.  Sign of the times for sure.





Day 12- Saturday, 1/12/19
John is up in the Sierras with the guys skiing and it's beautiful up there--a winter wonderland.  Thanks for the picture Darryl.  We have a couple more days of sunshine before the next big storm moves in to dump even more snow.  These are the kind of winters I remember from long ago.  It's about time to have them back.  Meanwhile, at home, the boys had their paperwork signed and a picture taken for volunteering at the shelter so they can turn in their service project at school. It feels great to have that done for the year and now Brandon can start working on next year's hours.  The school only require 8 hrs of service/yr but the shelter require 20 before they will sign the school's paperwork.  20 is hard to do in a pinch but if you work on it for the whole year it seems like nothing.





Day 13- Sunday, 1/13/19
I enjoy seeing all the bird nests revealed when the trees go bare for the winter. This one in the front yard caught my eye while outside on this nice, sunny, blue-skied day.  It was also nice enough out for John to grill some chicken wings for dinner.  So glad he's back hone from the mountains to help out and chill with us some before the weekend is completely over.



That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you next week.


2 comments:

  1. Great week! I love their school requires service! Mine did too and it was a special part of my middle and high school years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much basketball! I feel ya! That fog is crazy! I would hate driving in it too! Glad you were able to have some family time over the weekend. The ski trip looks fun! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete