Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Week 1

Welcome to a new year in our family blog.  I can't believe this will be the 10th year.  That's pretty amazing and I'm so happy I have all those years recorded to look back on and who knows how much longer I'll keep it going.  It might get kind of boring once all the kids are out of the house in a few years so we'll see but for now I'm still in. This year we look forward to another high school graduation and are excited to find out where he'll end up heading off to college. We'll also continue to follow the oldest on his journey through college and the youngest navigating high school and being more involved in sports. On the home front we'd like to see the upstairs of our house remodeled and as a family or couple we hope to see more travel plans realized.  

Here's a look at the first week in 2019 which starts on a Tuesday so there are only 6 days for this post:



Day 1- Tuesday, 1/1/19
Happy New Year's Day!  I snapped my annual picture of the boys with a yearly marker and then we enjoyed having the Wong family over for a good meal and some fun games.  These guys are playing RISK.





Day 2- Wednesday, 1/2/19
A new plant for the new year which helps liven up our new space.  This was a lovely gift from the Wong family.





Day 3- Thursday, 1/3/19
We're still all on break here and I'm so enjoying these slow peaceful starts to the day.






Day 4- Friday, 1/4/19
This girl enjoys having everyone home to play with and get attention from.  It's also Friday and for her that means bone day which is why she is giving me this look.  She's hoping those perky ears and sweet puppy-dog eyes will inspire me to get up and give her a bone.  How could I say no to that face?





Day 5- Saturday, 1/5/19
Winter is in full force.  We have a few systems lined up to dump some serious rain our way.  I'm sitting in one of the systems here waiting on Brandon to get out of a basketball clinic and the parking lot is super full so I had to park pretty far out.  Poor thing will get soaked on his way to find me.





Day 6- Sunday, 1/6/19
This morning Tyler says goodbye and flies back to school.  LOL!  Brandon is still in his PJs so I guess he's enjoying those slow starts too and Tyler has pretty much lived in his new UCLA sweatshirt since he got it for Christmas.  Justin is big on joining us on the drive to the airport to see his brother off which is why he's all dressed and I think that's super sweet.  We've had a great break with the whole family home and look forward to the end of March when it happens again.



That's it!  We're off to a good start I think and even though next week gets us back to the crazy at least we had a week to ease in.  Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you next week.



4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Glad you had such a nice time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls left on the 4th. I know that is hard! Hope he has a great semester! Looks like a good week. I love your new plant and glad you are getting some rain! Hope 2019 is great for your family! High school graduation is hard, and a big deal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just another thought...we both started this 10 years ago! It has been a great journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen it has been a great journey and suer cool we pretty much spent the last 10 years together. Love that.

    ReplyDelete