Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Week 19

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  I like the weeks where we have things to celebrate because it breaks up the monotony of being stuck in isolation and gives us something to look forward to and plan for.  Thankfully we have a lot of things coming up over the next few weeks which is exciting because it helps us forget those things we cannot plan for and are missing out on.  Friday I get to actually escape this valley and drive north to the coastal redwoods.  I'll be moving Justin home and will be happy for the change in scenery.

Here's a look at last week's pictures full of small fun events that helped mix things up and lift our spirits:


Day 125-  Monday, 5/4/20
May the fourth be with you!  I found these Star Wars ice-cream treats at Target which are perfect for today's dessert.





Day 126- Tuesday, 5/5/20
We're enjoying Cinco De Mayo and Taco Tuesday during a neighborhood social distancing party.





Day 127- Wednesday, 5/6/20
I'm ending my long day with an evening Zoom Booster meeting--last one for the school year!  I wonder what high school sports look like next year and how this will affect our club.






Day 128- Thursday, 5/7/20
It's a work from home day so I spent most the day in our home office in more Zoom meetings while Bella kept me company.  This is her favorite spot to lay while I work away. After I was done on the computer I treated her to a nice long walk on this beautiful sunny day.





Day 129- Friday, 5/8/20
TGIF! Rusty is very interested in Bella's Friday treat toy but also respects the fact that it's hers and not for him.  Later the neighbor put on a Disney themed musical light show for all to see and hear which was impressive and fun.  Most were great about social distancing and we appreciate our neighbor Juan for organizing things to help boost morale and keep us connected without totally bringing us together. Photo credit--Jon Canaan.






Day 130- Saturday, 5/9/20
Today was really hot out in the high 90's so I stayed inside most the day and waited for the sun to drop and the delta breeze to kick in before starting yard work.  That's the last of the winter and spring weeds so I just have a bit more pruning until the yard is set for summer.  Also our tomato plants have tripled in size which is great to see so hopefully we'll have flowers and then fruit soon.






Day 131- Sunday, 5/10/20
Happy Mother's Day!  It was strange with only one kid home but the others checked in to wish me a good day.  John and Brandon worked together to washed my car, give me flowers and make me a nice breakfast and dinner with yummy dessert.  It was a great day and I hope all my fellow moms out there had a great day too.



That's it!  See you next week with Justin back in the fold for the summer.

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe drive to get Justin!!
    Your neighborhood sounds so friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be interesting to see what happens with high school sports or all sports really in the fall. Happy Mother's day! Your dinner looks yummy!! Glad you were able to see--virtually--all your boys!

    ReplyDelete