Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Week 42

Happy Tuesday!  We're plugging along and trying to enjoy fall.  I just wish is would cool down some.  Hopefully within the next couple weeks it will start to feel more like fall.  As you will see renovations are going slow but that too will become better after this week as we move less into hidden progress and more into visual progress.  Can't wait! 

Here's a look at last week's pictures:


Day 286- Monday, 10/12/20

White and bright with a hint of sunshine peeking out from within--this was for a photo prompt about finding sunshine that is not actual sunlight.  I'm lucky enough to have my roses in a final bloom before the retreat before winter so I could get this shot.  Then at work there is so much going on right now, and I would never be able to keep it all together with out my old school desktop calendar and post it notes especially since using a phone to keep track can be difficult in a lab setting.




Day 287- Tuesday, 10/13/20

After Brandon was done with his virtual classes the boys and I went to the local pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins and sample some fresh apple-cider donuts.  It was very bright and hot out but still fun since Tyler hasn't been able to join us for the past 4 years.  We also both gave Brandon a hard time for wearing a sweatshirt.  It's really difficult to find him without one most days regardless of the heat.  I chose the grey pumpkin because I thought the color was unique. I've seen white ones but not really grey before.  Regardless they all look great near our front door.




Day 288- Wednesday, 10/14/20

In reno-land it was all about getting the plumbing done and prepping the floors and shower for tile this week.  Hopefully next week we'll be able to not only have the tile started but also the cabinets installed. Sharing one small bathroom with all is getting really old but still better than not having a kitchen like before so we'll deal.  Hopefully only a few more weeks.




Day 289- Thursday, 10/15/20

I was able to get some of my pumpkin collection set out today which helps make the house feel less like a construction zone and more like a home ready for fall.  I also used this picture in a photo prompt about something representing a whimsical fall. In other news this is the cats go to retreat.  As soon as he hears the contractor show up and start making noise he holds up in this blanket tent I made for him and stays there all day until the coast is clear.  Poor thing has some anxiety over the whole ordeal.




Day 290- Friday, 10/16/20

TGIF!  The contractor left early today so we all got to relax and enjoy a nice quiet Friday afternoon to kick off the weekend and are looking forward to a break from construction for a couple days anyway.  Bella is pretty much ban from coming inside during the week so she's happy now and already settling down and enjoying being in a restful and quiet house next to her boy.  Cheers to the weekend!




Day 291- Saturday, 10/17/20

John took off with his bike for a track day today and I hunted around for something to represent "opening up" during the fall season as a photo prompt.  Luckily while walking the dog in the park I found this cluster of seed pods with one open to revel it's treasure inside.  I took it home and photographed it on a rock in our backyard just before dusk.  I really didn't think I'd find anything good for this prompt today but nature really came through for me.



Day 292- Sunday, 10/18/20

Thank goodness there is no wind today.  We had a grass fire in our area that created a lot of ash and smoke in addition to closing one of the roads near our house.  Brandon and I were out practicing his driving and you can see the smoke plum through the window in this picture.  Thankfully the fire department was on it and got it put out before it spread too much.  We're all on nerve here about fires these days.


OK--that's all!  See you next week.


4 comments:

  1. Love all the fall decor - the grey pumpkin is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your pumpkins! So where do you get your photo prompts? You got some cool pictures! Glad you had a good weekend! Glad that they got the fire out by you! Hope you get some cool temps soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From a class I'm taking with Tracey Clark https://traceyclark.com/classes/
      She has another one starting in Nov with prompts surrounding gratitude if you want to join.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete