Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Week 44

Welcome back, happy Tuesday, happy November, and happy Election Day!  It's going to be a full and crazy week.  Many of us have already voted and now we just wait to see how it all turns out.  Regardless, I hope for peaceful results and I hope this country can come to together and start to productively find solutions to the issues that divide us.

In the meantime here are last week's pictures:

Day 300- Monday, 10/26/20

Must be Monday because this poor kitty is back in lockdown.  During the weekend he's free to roam the house but during weekdays he needs to be locked up until renovations are done.  You can tell he's less than thrilled but has at least resigned himself to it and likes to retreat in his blanket tent while waiting it out.




Day 301- Tuesday, 10/27/20

Aside from the bathrooms we are also having our stairs updated and today they started on that project.  It's kind of freaky using the stairs with no spindles--gives me a vertigo feeling like I'm going to fall.  Speaking of fall I took a close up picture of our pumpkins for a photo prompt to show off some the fine details that got them selected over others such at the stems, dents, scars and unique colors.




Day 302- Wednesday, 10/28/20

Must be nice to do high school from your bed. Brandon has given up on his desk and prefers to hide in the blanket tent on his bed with his laptop to work through his classes.  Kind of like the cat--lol!  Hey, whatever works.  He just finished the 1st quarter with all A's so I can't complain.  I do hate that he has to do it all while also living in a noisy construction zone though.  The boys' bathroom which is right next to his room had cabinets and floor tile installed today which was not a quiet process.  At least he doesn't complain and doesn't stress so I am grateful he's the type of kid that can just adapt to whatever is thrown his way.



Day 303- Thursday, 10/29/20

I found a leaf that would pop against this sweater for a photo prompt today.  Love how these prompt make me really think and also get me outside to find things I can use.  It's not exactly sweater weather here but the prompt was about fall sweaters so I put one on for a few minutes anyway.




Day 304- Friday, 10/30/20

All the tile in our master bathroom is now grouted and finally done!  The floor turned out really nice and Rusty accompanied me while I checked it out.  Hopefully this means the rest can progress at a much faster pace.  I also included here a small photo strip of some of the pictures I took this week for the different prompts.  In the middle one we were supposed to take a costume piece and add filters to give it a whimsy feel.  With 3 boys that are all about superheroes and/or horror/gore the only costume piece I had that would work was a witches hat from my college days.  This prompt really had me working hard and pushed me creatively, but it was fun and I liked how the picture turned out.





Day 305- Saturday, 10/31/20

Happy Halloween!  What a strange Halloween this year with Covid on our minds.  It's usually very active in our neighborhood but we were encouraged by the county health director to stay in and watch movies or do something small so we did just that.  I left out some candy so I wouldn't need to answer the door and we only had about 3 treaters so that was all good.  As a family we made the best of it and had fun carving pumpkins, eating pizza, and watching a scary movie while eating all the candy we didn't hand out.  Tyler did dress up a bit to go out and walk Bella but that was it.  Still a good time for us but sad for all the little kids that kind of missed out.





Day 306- Sunday, 11/1/20

Welcome to November!  For the new month I have a new photo class with new prompts about gratitude and the 1st one today was for being thankful of morning routines which here mostly involves me and the cat since we are the early risers.  Then later Brandon got a haircut and agreed to pose with my monthly marker in exchange for some leftover Halloween candy.  Food bribery works every time.



Wait!  One more-

October's Family Photo

This of course was taken just after carving pumpkins and before Brandon's haircut--lol!  It was fun to have Tyler join us this year since he missed the last four years but also sad Justin couldn't be here.  We'll at least get to see him in a few weeks.  Can't wait!


Ok!  Now I'm done and hope to see you back next week.  Also please remember that no matter what happens with the election be graceful and kind to one another.


2 comments:

  1. The bathrooms are looking amazing! Such fall fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pumpkins! Also very impressed with all your photos for your photo prompts! So cool! It was a different Halloween. I am too glad my kids were older. It would have been hard to have little ones! have a great week! Renovations look great!

    ReplyDelete