Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Week 52b

Happy New Year! Today I'll post just about the final days of 2020 from last week and then next week I'll post about the start of the new year from the 1st through the 10th since we had this weird 1/2 week between the years.  There was also that extra day in 2020 because the leap year--like we needed an added day in 2020. 

At any rate, here are the photos from the end of a very long year-


Day 363- Monday 1/28/20

We have another week of break and are enjoying the slow starts and winter vibes.  Christmas may be over but we still have a few candy canes left so I decided to add a small one to my mocha this morning and it wasn't bad at all--like a peppermint mocha from Starbucks but better because not so sweet.  Outside we have this interesting bush near the pool that blooms small red flowers just in time for the holidays which adds a nice pop of color to our otherwise drab and dormant winter landscape. 



Day 364- Tuesday 1/29/20

It's really hard to get this kid through the produce section without him gravitating towards the pineapples and coconuts---and to think he hated Hawaii the last time we went!  Well, since pineapples are a traditional new year fruit, I caved and let him take one home for us to enjoy heading into 2021.  Outside it's been beautiful and sunny with a lot of birds around. This tree was full of them just chirping away.





Day 365- Wednesday, 1/30/20

Time to start wrapping things up and thinking a of plan for the new year as we reflect on the past.  I chose "fit" as my 2021 word of the year and took this picture for a photo prompt highlighting it.  I plan to work on being more fit in mind, body and soul.  Then there is the past, and as my Instagram Top Nine shows 2020 wasn't all bad.  I used my camera phone to capture some pretty major milestones that happened for our family and am grateful for our blessed life.







Day 366- Thursday, 1/31/20

My last photo prompt for awhile.  It was a fun 3 months doing that but I am ready for a break.  Justin actually took that picture of me for the prompt about not looking back which is a perfect prompt for leaving a difficult year behind and being mindful to embrace what is ahead.  Latter as the last day in 2020 set we started our little party enjoying finger food for dinner and chocolate fondue for dessert while playing pool and watching the new year's eve shows on TV.



Happy New Year from our family to yours!  



Ok that's a wrap for 2020!  See you next week when I officially start the posts for 2021.






2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! Love your NYE spread, yum!
    Good luck with your fit goal (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your year wrap-up! Your NYE dinner looks yummy! My word for 2021 is grateful--grateful for body, mind and soul! Love your final family picture!

    ReplyDelete