Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Week 38

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  Here we are officially in fall and working through the last week in September. This time of year always goes really fast--Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years--BAM! Buckle up for the ride. I'm looking forward to the crispness in the air, fall colors everywhere and delicious apple or pumpkin treats before we hit the coldness and darkness of winter.  

For now let's just look at last week's picture as we prep for this nice gentle season:



Day 263- Monday, 9/20/21
I started off the week finding a few fall treasures to bring home and brighten up the place with.  Brandon started his week with school and when he comes home in the afternoon this is his got-to spot to check his messages before even taking his backpack off.  After he'll be off to the pantry for a snack.




Day 264- Tuesday, 9/21/21
Working from home today it's all about spreadsheets.  Time to get the data off a post-it note and into a real working document. Sadly there is very little time for that while in the lab so I usually have to get it done at home where I have less distractions.






Day 265- Wednesday, 9/22/21
Today was a busy day.  Now that students are back on campus we all have to go back to regular COVID testing.  This time it's every 2 weeks if vaccinated and I started today with the earliest appointment I could get to avoid crowds. Right after work I joined Tyler at his phlebotomy class where friends and family were invited to help students practice.  Lucky us!  Lupe and I were Tyler's subjects but it really wasn't that bad since he did a good job.  Later, tonight is the night we kick off the new season of Survivor where they are shaking things up like crazy.  I'm not sure if I like the changes so far or not but am happy to have new TV shows starting again.





Day 266- Thursday, 9/23/21
Happy 23rd Birthday to Tyler!  This picture was actually taken Sunday when we had more time to celebrate but I'm sticking it here to mark it on his real birthday. What did happen today for real was me spending most of my time in two different freezer farms where I'm purging old samples and re-organizing what we'll keep.  These rooms are always have kind of a creepy feel to them and for the most part I was in them all alone. Boo!




Day 267- Friday, 9/24/21
TGIF!  Cheers to the weekend.  We're both ready to end this work week and move on to a more fun and relaxed state.






Day 268- Saturday, 9/25/21
Time for dinner and a movie.  It's been awhile so we really enjoyed our good Italian meal and action packed Marvel movie.





Day 269- Sunday, 9/26/21
Unfortunately just before Sunday dinner prep I had to take Rusty in for and emergency vet visit because he was clearly uncomfortable and straining to pee.  The wait at UC Davis was an expected 4 hrs when I called so we went to a place in Sacramento instead and were in and out in just under 2 hrs.  It still seemed like forever having to wait in the car the whole time while they cared for our kitty, but Rusty is ok.  It turned out to be a UTI and thankfully not a blockage which would have been way more serious especially for a male cat.  When we returned home the pizzas I planned for were made and Sunday dinner with birthday celebrations for Tyler continued.  At least it all ended on a happy and fun note.



Wait!  One more--

September's Family Photo 


Taken at half-time during the 49'er game just after Sunday dinner and before enjoying some ice cream cake.



OK--all done.  See you Next week in October!






2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Tyler!! So fun he could practice on you all, so cool to see him in action I bet. I hope Rusty feels better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Tyler! My Miss E did phlebotomy this summer at the hospital and she practiced on Ben a few times. Looks like a great date night. We want to see that movie. Can't beat the Marvel movies! Love them!

    ReplyDelete