Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Week 37

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  I've noticed the days are getting shorter as we head into fall.  When I leave for work now it's dark and later I'm racing to get the dog walked after dinner before it becomes dark again. It's ok though because I'm liking the change. Last week was so much cooler with average temps in the 80s instead of 90s and 100s like we've been seeing, so bring it on!  I think most of us here are over summer. Also school for the undergrads in Davis is back in-person which is weird after a year of having them gone. Campus is so crowded and there is so much traffic now that they've moved back in.  Yikes!  I think the university upped their student population too like most UCs have, but with Davis being a smaller city it's almost too much for the town to accommodate. We're all hoping things settle down once the excitement of the return wears off.

Until then here are last week's pictures:


Day 256- Monday, 9/13/21

Thankfully I started this crazy work week with a calming and pretty cloud-filled sunrise towering over the building as I entered.  Later back at home as the sun was setting we enjoyed an orange chicken dinner over rice--one of Brandon's favorites.




Day 257- Tuesday, 9/14/21

I'm working from home today getting the safety and training books updated.  I also had to merge my old retired lab's records and protocols with my new lab's documents plus change the building and room numbers on everything--not a small task. Rusty wasn't too thrilled about the whole process either especially since I took up the entire floor of the room he usually sleeps in and he just couldn't relax with the chaos.  Him and the dog kept checking in on me.  LOL!  Gotta love concerned and supportive pets.





Day 258- Wednesday, 9/15/21

These heart-shaped fall leaves were lit up in the sunshine out back.  They always turn color in an interesting patterned way that creates a cool effect.  And then there are the scorched roses that just couldn't take the intense heat last week.  Somehow I can still see the beauty in them even if I do prefer the fresh and vibrant ones.  This one reminds me of the rose in Beauty and the Beast.



Day 259- Thursday, 9/16/21

I worked on campus all day starting to clean out freezers and then made it home just in time for a 5pm zoom meeting.  At least it was a fun one where we got to watch students present their vet school summer projects supported by Global Programs.  They all had to make videos to show and they were very creative and great to see.  In a world where they couldn't travel globally like they had all planned originally their unique adaptations to still make their projects work by virtually connecting with international support teams was inspiring.





Day 260- Friday, 9/17/21

Friday night lights right here as I work the football snack bar.  It was a perfect fall night that was not too hot, no wind, and pleasant to be out in.  It's great to see the high school come alive again even if it means wearing masks at all events inside and out.  We have to prevent those brake-through infections in the vaccinated and help prevent more infections for those not vaccinated.  Hopefully someday soon masks will be a thing of the past.





Day 261- Saturday, 9/18/21

Yay for Season 2 of The Worlds Most Amazing Vacation Rentals on Netfix!  Totally binge-watched while paying bills and folding laundry. Much to my surprise a villa at one of the wineries we visited in the Santa Barbara area was highlighted.  We also happen to be currently working through one of their bottles of wine.  What are the odds?  We never actually saw the villa which was closed due to the pandemic but had our tasting in a nearby courtyard of an outhouse on the property.  I didn't even know this amazing villa existed until the show.  Later, Bella and I enjoyed a breezy cool walk.  A storm is brewing as you can see from the active cloudy sky looming over our neighborhood street.  There is a slight chance of rain expected overnight but once again not much or nearly enough to even matter.  Still--I'm so much happier seeing these types of healthy skies over those smokey orange skies that make me feel ill.




Day 262- Sunday, 9/19/21 

This guy right here got all the rain.  Yep- it was mostly north of us and it dumped where he's at school.  Love how he likes to make people laugh and also how he's been exchanging wildlife pictures with my dad.  I promised him a few pictures of Rusty in exchange for him sharing his pictures with me.  Win-win!


That's it for another week.  Hope to see you back next Tuesday.





2 comments:

  1. It's crazy how suddenly it's getting dark so early! Justin is a riot with that broom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like the Beauty and the Beast rose! Hope you get some cooler temps soon! We had some for a few days but jumped back up! Yeah for Friday night lights. We went to our first HS football game last week. Also hoping things start to settle down so masks can be gone for good! Busy week for you and love Justin's pictures! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete