Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Week 46

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  We're all on Thanksgiving break right now which is nice especially since we have low-key plans and can just chill and spend time together.  It's been foggy and gloomy out again so hunkering down inside is the way to go and of course we can all use a break from school and work.  I'm maxed out on my vacation accrual so need to take as many days as I can over these next couple months before I loose them---not a bad problem to have.  I hope everyone else gets some good quality time with family this holiday season.

Now for last week's pictures:


Day 319- Monday, 11/15/21

Not only have I busted out the sweaters but also the fall and winter boots.  It's been too cold and wet/damp out for anything else and we're mostly seeing more leaves on the ground than on the trees these days as winter approaches.  At the end of the walk I found this interesting leafing vine that is kind of shaped like a tree as it grows on the cement-fence wall.




Day 320- Tuesday, 11/16/21

Rusty is the master at seeking out sunny spots for naps whenever possible.  Today he sought out some sunny comfort on the stairs.  For dinner I made some warm comfort food on this sunny but still cold day-- Pad Thai with chicken.



Day 321- Wednesday, 11/17/21

Recently, as we work through a huge sero-prevalence study in the Calif sea lion population, I've been tied to this scope reading slides for hours on end.  Sometimes it's relaxing and other times it's stressful trying to squeeze it in between other duties.  Hopefully we'll be finished by the new year or shortly thereafter.  Back at home, as long as I'm mindful about the time, I can get out for our evening walk before dark sets in and just before the sun sets.  The golden hour in the fall can be so pretty.




Day 322- Thursday, 11/18/21

Other days I don't make it out on our walk until well after dark.  Seems like we're turning the house and porch lights on before 4:30 pm these days.  Ugh!  That's way too early.  Our state actually voted a couple years ago to get rid of daylight savings but apparently the decision is tied up by some appeal court and is taking forever to get resolved. Inside, these two enjoy some time together at the end of their day.  She's still getting used to her new (too fluffy for her liking) bed after the old broken-in one had to be tossed when the cat was sick and peed on it.  Sometimes sitting with her helps.



Day 323- Friday, 11/19/21

TGIF and cheers to the weekend! Our Friday night movie was streamed on HBOmax, and was one I've been waiting for to be released.  The new Will Smith movie about Venus and Serena Williams' dad making his vision for their tennis stardom come true did not disappoint--so much dedication and hard work from everyone in this family.






Day 324- Saturday, 11/20/21

This train pulling into Davis has Justin on it!  He's home from HSU for fall break and we're excited to have him back. We crossed the deep channel waters near the port on our way home just after the sun set and the view was amazing with those sky colors reflecting on the water.  Rusty was also very happy to see Justin once we got home.  Tomorrow--haircut ;0)





Day 325- Sunday, 11/21/21

This morning I got my 3rd COVID shot.  With an increase in breakthrough cases I'm happy to have the booster for extra protection.  John has his too and our older boys are planning theirs soon.  This time my arm was less sore and for not as long.  Also there was no fever and chills, but I did have a pretty intense headache for a good day.  In the afternoon Justin who loves to bake helped me make some pan cookies for dessert tonight and as you can see he did get that haircut.  Can you spot the photo bomber in one of these pictures?  I had no idea she was there until I looked at them for editing later the next day.


That's it!  See you next week after Thanksgiving break.  Have a great Turkey Day everyone!



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy having Justin home! Glad you got boosted. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo bomber! Yeah to have your booster shot! also yeah to have Justin home! Love your outside pictures! That movie is on my to watch list. Glad you liked it! hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete