Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Week 45

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  Our weather has turned very grey and gloomy so we are missing the sun, but we have had rain so at least there is that.  With the lack of natural light I'm less motivated and inspired to take pictures.  Our house in particular is very dark in these late fall and winter months as you'll see below. I try to find bright colors and moments to help. We're looking forward to the coming holidays.  Justin will be home for fall break Saturday so we're excited about that since we haven't seen him since August and then only a few week's later we'll have him back for a good month during winter break--Yay!

Take a look at last week's pictures:


Day 312- Monday, 11/8/21

It's time for the citrus to start ripening and the lemon tree in the side yard is full of some great looking lemons that will be ready soon.  We so miss being able to walk outside and pick a fresh lemon during the summer months and are happy to see these back.  We also got a little overnight rain which wasn't much but a larger storm is expected tomorrow.





Day 313- Tuesday, 11/9/21

This morning I'm taking my coffee while doing a morning class before starting remote work on this cold, windy, and rainy day.   The larger storm hit hard and thankfully I was home to help shuttle Brandon to and from school because riding a bike in this weather would have been miserable and unsafe.




Day 314- Wednesday, 11/10/21

I finally cracked open that pomegranate I picked up last week and it was so sweet and juicy plus brought back a good childhood memory when a friend's mom introduced me to the fruit. I also found a good chicken recipe that includes pomegranates that I'd like to try. Later, this is what dog walks look like these days--it's completely dark out unless it's more of a late afternoon walk.  At least this fall tree was lit up well by the street light.  It's this time of year when I'm waiting for those early Christmas lights to go up so things aren't quite so dark.  That will happen before we know it.





Day 315- Thursday, 11/11/21

Yay!  Finally a sunny and blue sky day plus it's a holiday so Brandon and I are home for the day.  Thanks to all those who are serving and have served to help protect our country on this beautiful Veteran's day.  We took advantage of the extra time and sunshine by going out to lunch at a place that had a nice patio where we could enjoy being outside after a week of being cooped in the house trying to stay warm and dry.  Then after that Brandon finished his UC applications and got them submitted.  He chose just all the ones closest to the coast.






Day 316- Friday, 11/12/21
TGIF!  John and I went out to dinner and then caught this year's Warren Miller ski movie at the Crest theater near the Capitol.  It was a super foggy night and eerie to be out in it but great to see such an inspiring movie that got us pumped for ski season.




Day 317- Saturday, 11/13/21

Today, with the luxury of time, Bella and I were able to get out for our walk early just before the sun went down and caught a beautiful sunset over by the local pond.  She was happy to take a different route, and I was happy to get some pretty pictures.

 


Day 318- Sunday, 11/14/21

It was mostly a chore day but in between loads of laundry, house cleaning efforts, and paying bills I was able to use my magazine clippings from last week to pull together a few collages. I also started watching a really good short series on Netflix.  It was a full day but ended with a nice family Sunday dinner helping to wrap the weekend up nicely.


That's it!  See you next week.






3 comments:

  1. I need to start Maid! I hear it is amazing. So exciting about Brandon's applications!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really good and eye opening. I did have a chance to finish it all and loved the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are getting rain, but the early dark and rain does make for gloomy days! Glad you did some fun things! Exciting for Brandon on his applications! I am jealous of your lemon tree. That would be so awesome! I don't think it would survive in KS though :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete