Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Week 16

Welcome back!  I'm almost caught up on these posts.  Things are pretty boring around here with just Brandon, the pets and I. I'm missing the rest of my people. Thankfully Justin comes home for the summer soon and hopefully John will be transferred back to Sacramento soon.

Here are week 16's pictures:

Day 108- Monday, 4/18/22

She hates stopping to wait at the crosswalk.  Even at age 13 she's go-go-go!



Day 109- Tuesday, 4/19/22

It was a rainy start to the day but in the afternoon the sun came out through the rain clouds and it made for a nice fresh-air walk.



Day 110- Wednesday, 4/20/22

Wednesday at work I'm just doing what I do and being thankful I have my work to help keep my mind off things I can't control elsewhere. This afternoon I was told that the nephrology team didn't think John's kidneys would recover and that he would most likely be on dialysis the rest of his life.  Not the news I was hoping for and how did we get from heart failure to now kidney failure too?  Ugh!




Day 111- Thursday, 4/21/22

Much needed afternoon cuddles with a cat who has forgiven me for leaving him overnight last week, and evening tacos with a cool kid.  It's just him and me for dinner most days now when he's not working and then it's just me.



Day 112- Friday, 4/22/22

Happy Earth Day!  At least the ladybugs are enjoying my overgrown, weed-infested backyard.





Day 113- Saturday, 4/23/22

It was a gorgeous spring day in the city visiting John with Tyler in tow. He's made good progress in the past few days after they took him off a heart healing drug that was causing a super rare and sometimes fatal reaction.  Turns out this Stain-based drug was the root cause of all his rapid muscle deterioration, kidney problems and brain fog.  Thank goodness they found the cause of his kidney issues and now it looks like his kidneys are recovering!  What a rollercoaster of emotions over the past couple days. Time to get back on the track with making heart recovery progress and building up his muscle strength.  The best part of the visit today was hearing him whisper talk and carry on actual conversations with us.  He does have a damaged vocal cord that needs repair and is preventing him from having solid foods until it's fixed but they are hoping to get that done soon. 




Day 114- Sunday, 4/24/22

Sundays are really the only downtime days for me now and at least I have that and do try to enjoy it.  My Easter tulips lasted way longer than I expected but now that they are opening up it's time for them to go.  I'm surprised this bunch never really drooped like most do and I was able to enjoy them all week.


That's it!  Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. So good they figured out some of the problems and you won't have kidney failure!!! Bless your heart! What an emotional rollercoaster! Glad you have your boys and that Justin will be home soon and so glad you got to talk to John!

    ReplyDelete