Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Week 15

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone had a good Easter.  Ours was quiet but still good to be with family.  April here feels more like February these days.  We are getting the rain and cold weather we were expecting back then now alternating with days in the 80's here and there. Mother nature can't make up her mind.

Here are week 15's pictures:

Day 101- Monday, 4/11/22

Yay for spring flowers.  I love this purple color.  Brandon decided to commit to Cal Sate Fullerton today and right after we got his housing application submitted. Crazy to think in a few months he'll be living in the Orange County LA area near Disneyland.




Day 102- Tuesday, 4/12/22

Dealing with medical leave and SDI applications has been no fun.  This morning I spent 3.5 hours waiting to talk to a live person in the SDI office.  What a broken system that is!  We're also still waiting for John's work leave to get approved.  The hospital lost the paper work they were supposed to submit so hopefully today while I'm in SF we can sort that out.  Because of the COVID exposure none of John's friends can visit during this week and I didn't want to leave him all week without seeing a familiar face so I took a couple days off from work to see him this afternoon and tomorrow.  Thank goodness the ferry rides are an enjoyable way to get to the city and super pleasant after spending the morning in a crowed state government office.




Day 103- Wednesday, 4/13/22

Second day visiting my guy.  I spent the night in the city with friends so I could see him 2 days in a row. He's no longer intubated which is great and was really alert and mouthing a few words yesterday.  Today he was very sleepy and out of it.  He's still really swollen with fluids and still on dialysis.  His lack of muscle movement is concerning so they are running a bunch of tests to check on that.  I was also able to get all the paperwork needed from the hospital so now hopefully we'll have his medical leave approved soon.  Back at home I was missed by the pets but Rusty was giving me the cold shoulder because he's mad I left him overnight.  He won't leave my presence but won't get close either.  Silly cat!  




Day 104- Thursday, 4/14/22

This rainy and cold day was a great day to make banana bread.  Brandon was happy to come home after school to a fresh loaf of goodness.




Day 105- Friday, 4/15/22

After work I did some Easter shopping and called around to find someone that can help me with this water leak.  We cannot find the source and it is never ending even with all our sprinklers and what not turned off.




Day 106- Saturday, 4/16/22

I'm back in SF for a usual Saturday visit on this beautiful warm spring day.  My friend Sharon who went to high school with John came with me.  He has been moved out of the ICU which is good news and he was pretty awake and responsive with some impressive/comical facial expressions and eye rolls in response to our conversations.  It was nice to see his sense of humor come through.  On the way home Sharon and I stopped at the new Cane's in Davis to pick up some food for dinner.  It was our first time trying it and it did not disappoint.  Now my boys want to try some.





Day 107- Sunday, 4/17/22

Happy Easter!  Brandon had to work later so he missed out on dinner but was at least able to spend the morning with me.  Tyler and Lupe came for a nice ham dinner and Tyler brought some of his special made mac and cheese to add to the meal.  We were of course missing John on this holiday and hoping maybe he can join us again sometime soon.


That's it!  I hope everyone had a good family day.


2 comments:

  1. Cal State Fullerton - wow! How exciting. Glad John went to a floor this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting for Justin! Glad you got to spend extra time with John and he had moved out of ICU! We love Cane's chicken! Glad you got to try it! Also glad you have Easter with Tyler and Lupe. Looks like yummy food!

    ReplyDelete