Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Week 18

Welcome back!  Here is another week and what a week it was as we celebrated our high-school senior and Mother's day--both of which were bitter sweet without John or Justin here to join us, but we may be getting them both back on the same day next week! 

Here are week 18's pictures:

Day 122- Monday, 5/2/22

We're kicking off the week with a nice Italian meal for dinner.  Brandon is a huge pasta fan so he's a happy boy.



Day 123- Tuesday, 5/3/22

I took this picture to share with John who's really missing his pup and thankfully she was in a cooperative mood.  He loved it.  It's so nice to be communicating with him again by phone which we have only recently been able to do.  It took him awhile to be able to use his hands well enough again to not only hold his phone but also text.  His upper body strength is improving quickly.



Day 124- Wednesday, 5/4/22

The senior scholar athletes got their Booster's scholarships and banners at the monthly Booster meeting tonight.  What an amazing group of kids and such a great thing this club does for them.




Day 125- Thursday, 5/5/22

I had a leak detection company come out with their fancy high-tech equipment to help me locate the source of the front yard leak we have and it turns out the people who put our new fence in drove a post right through one of our pool irrigation lines.  Now we know where and why so it's time to finally get this leak fixed.  In other news, I've been wanting to try this New Zealand wine that I've see in ads everywhere and finally saw it at a local store this afternoon so picked up a bottle to go with dinner.  It was super refreshing and good  so I'll be revisiting soon.



Day 126- Friday, 5/6/22

TGIF!  Found these beauties on my doorstep after work from the bay area team keeping an eye on John for me when I can't be there.  So sweet of them to think of me for Mother's Day.





Day 127- Saturday, 5/7/22

Today was the senior cap and gown pick up parade.  They also got a lawn sign from the school.  It was fun and thankfully early in the morning so I still had time to head to the city and see John with my friend Sharon.  His trach will be removed tomorrow and he's been doing PT trying to sit and stand but sadly has not had much of an apatite so his weight is down lower than they would like which means he has to continue tube feeding which is really frustrating for him.  The poor guy has lost 50 lbs since this all started and now weighs less than I do which is something I thought I'd never say.  Hopefully things will improve over the next week so he can still be transferred soon.  When I got home after seeing him I saw this big heart in the sky and know it just had to be a positive sign.





Day 128- Sunday, 5/8/22

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mothers out there.  Tyler and Brandon did a great job making me brunch this morning and buying me chocolates they knew their dad would have bought me.  I also had a visit from one of his employees--their team got me a bottle of wine, gift card, and some more chocolate.  All so sweet and we had a good cry together.  They miss him so much.


That's a wrap for this week!  See you soon as I continue to play catch up.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for the trach coming out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet people from John's work! Yeah on the trach coming out!!! Happy Mother's day, very late, but you are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete