Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Week 19

Hello al1!  I'm going to try to push through as many of these missed weeks as possible.  This one here started out slow but was eventful towards the end.

Take a look at week 19's pictures: 

Day 129- Monday, 5/9/22

It's cold out and this kitty boy needs some warmth and love which I don't mind at all.  He's quite content here and purring up a storm.  He's one of the best things that helps me unwind and relax after work.



Day 130- Tuesday, 5/10/22

We're all so happy to finally have some decent rain.  Too bad it didn't happen until May but we'll take what we can get.  They also got snow in the mountains!




Day 131- Wednesday, 5/11/22

Orange chicken for dinner and an orange kitty watching mouse videos with Brandon.  These two are too cute! Interesting fact about that orange chicken--I had to go to Costco to get it and I haven't been to Costco in YEARS.  That has always been John's thing but Brandon was craving the particular orange chicken we can only get there so I made a run for him and thankfully he was most appreciative.




Day 132- Thursday, 5/12/22

I seem to have picked up a friend while munching on popcorn and watching Windy City Rehab.




Day 133- Friday, 5/13/22

Today I headed north into the fog to help Justin move home from Humboldt for the summer.  We had dinner together and he paid as a late Mother's Day gift which was super sweet of him.  I sure missed this guy and am happy to be taking him home with me tomorrow.




Day 134- Saturday, 5/14/22

After we got him all packed up we hit the Farmer's Market before heading out so he could show me his favorites treats.  Then of course while I'm out of town and mostly on the road, in a flurry of activity requiring many calls and decisions on my part, John was finally transferred from UCSF to a physical therapy center in Sacramento. Of all the weekends for this to happen it had to be this weekend but hey, at least now he's closer to home.  This is a BIG step in the right direction.




Day 135- Sunday, 5/15/22

All 3 boys and I got to visit John at his new place today.  It was great to all be together again plus we can now visit him outside in a nice lounge area while he sits in a wheelchair.  How nice it is to see him upright and out of bed in real clothes again.  He still looks super thin but was in good spirits so we had a really good visit.  When I got home we had more flowers waiting for us out front this time from an old co-worker of John's.  We are truly blessed.  Later, Justin and I shared some of the Farmer's Market bread with the other two boys.  It's an orange chocolate chip loaf and wow!--pretty amazing with such great flavor.


That's it!  Only a few more to go before I can be caught up again.



2 comments:

  1. So glad John is making his way closer to home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! So glad John is closer to home and you have Justin home now too!!

    ReplyDelete