Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Week 21

Here we go!  It may not be Tuesday but this catches me up as the post for last week.  Now let's see if moving forward I can stay on track.  It's doubtful though as summer is shaping up to be pretty busy especially with preparing another kid to head off to college.  I will try though!

Here are last week's pictures:

Day 144- Monday, 5/23/22

Justin is super happy to be back with Rusty.  These two most certainly have a special bond.



Day 145- Tuesday, 5/24/22

I'm in the middle of weed wars trying to get all the weeds out of the flowerbeds during the cool and shaded hours which usually means after dinner.




Day 146- Wednesday, 5/25/22

A friend helped me pick out an air fryer and it came with a great recipe book.  I need to perfect some of these recipes before John comes home so we can master a heart healthy diet.  In other news, the Survivor finale was tonight.  This was one of the best season yet.  I love how they have really changed things up to keep the players guessing.




Day 147- Thursday, 5/26/22

Today was a day to get things done.  I had to visit the dreaded SDI office again, drop off papers to the tax preparer for an amendment, fill out and mail in my voting ballot, and take a late afternoon appointment with this super nice sprinkler guy.  He's so kind he won't take money from me even after multiple trips to get us set up correctly.  I had to call his daughter who does the books for him and gave her the payment he deserves.




Day 148- Friday, 5/27/22

TGIF!  Brandon got his yearbook today and this is his final day of instruction.  School doesn't officially end until next week but the seniors just have a few event days they need to show up for.  All course work and finals are done.  Yay!  Then since John has been gone I have no one to cheers with on Fridays until now--Justin was more than happy to join me for a Friday drink.





Day 149- Saturday, 5/28/22

The boys and I had another wonderful visit with John today.  Earlier in the week he was feeling well enough to even send me a selfie.  He's looking more filled out and is in good spirits.  The boys were amazed at how much better he looked this week than when they saw him 2 wks ago.  After our visit, back at home, Justin and I made some frozen-yogurt fruit pies as a cool treat for the long weekend and then attended a graduation party for the Cepeda family.  Olivia just graduated high school and Marcus just graduated college.  This card I found is perfect for Marcus since for his 1st birthday party the theme was yellow smiley faces and I made his yellow smiley face birthday cakes and cupcakes--total full circle right there.  Wish I could find the pictures from back in the day.




Day 150- Sunday, 5/29/22

The weed wars continue this time around the pool and these ones are gigantic--like Jurassic size--with nasty thorns.  I had to put up a good fight but it was worth because I got them all pulled just in time to relax by the pool as the boys enjoyed a refreshing dip.  Memorial Day weekend is always the weekend we open the pool for the summer and I'm really glad we still made that happen.  John would be so proud.  Just wish we was here enjoying it with us.  


That's all for now.  What a full week and look at me getting all caught up!!


2 comments:

  1. So good to see a pic of John!! Hope he continues to feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see John!!! Glad he is improving and hope he continues! Glad you had a good memorial day! Hope graduation goes well!

    ReplyDelete