Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Week 16

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  Spring continues to be the theme around here and I'm not sorry about that.  It's been so nice not having rain for a few weeks now and oddly strange since we were so conditioned to expect it the past few months. Now it's time to make sure my sprinklers are in working order before it gets too hot around here.

Take a look at last week's pictures:


Day 107- Monday, 4/17/23

Walking into work before dawn this morning I could here a turkey somewhere but couldn't see it until I was almost in the building.  Not sure how or why it ended up on the roof but there it is--crazy bird!  Inside one of the first things I do in the lab each morning is pop the media in a water bath so it's ready when I need it to feed cultures.





 Day 108- Tuesday, 4/18/23

It's good to see Rusty reunited with his fish.  The boys want me to send them a video of him playing with it but as soon as I turn the camera on him he stops playing and just stares off into a void.  I guess they'll just have to come home if they want to see him play.  Later John helped me find our old house paint cans in the garage so we can match colors to have the exterior of our house repainted.  First week in May that is happening!




Day 109- Wednesday, 4/19/23

The front yard is in perfect bloom right now looking so spring like, and in the back the pool guys are here cleaning our pool tile.  It's nice to see that white water mark almost gone and the brown tones in the blue tile shine through again.

 



Day 110- Thursday, 4/20/21

Today was a busy day at work with many clinical samples to run and a lot of meetings to attend.  All the students are getting ready for summer research projects so most of the meeting centered around planning for those.  Back at home, this afternoon, Rusty was following me around upstairs as I was opening windows to allow the cool air in.  He's stretching first and then planning to hop up and sit in one of those windows.  He likes the fresh air and the chirping birds he can hear.





Day 111- Friday, 4/21/22

Look at him!  He now regularly walks in and out of PT as well as in and out of other places if the distance isn't too far or if there are good stopping and resting points along the way.  His therapy team is happy to see him ditch the chair.  Mostly he only uses it at home now.  As for me, I just opened the upstairs windows for today and sure enough I have my shadow following me around again while I get the job done. TGIF!



Day112- Saturday, 4/22/23

Happy Earth Day!  I put a nice spring shirt on and spent the day in the backyard weeding and pruning and enjoying the new blooms.  The weather was absolutely perfect for work outside.





Day 113- Sunday, 4/23/23

I had to have my windshield replaced when a small ding I got from a rock kicked up on the freeway spread to into a huge crack after a few hours in the warm sun.  At least it could be done at the house.  Meanwhile, inside, John is a happy boy because the Warriors win their second game playing at home against the Kings.  That's 2 for the Kings and 2 for the Warriors.  Next game is back in Sacramento so hopefully the Kings can win again--I'm rooting for them.  Just after the game we had Tyler over for Sunday dinner and enjoyed a nice spaghetti meal together.  Unfortunately Lupe couldn't make it this time but next week we get to have Sunday dinner at her family's house for her birthday.

 

That wraps up another week in April and before you know it May will be here.  Thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

  1. Way to go with the walking John! So good to see that! Your yard and flowers are beautiful! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete