Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Week 17

Welcome back and welcome to May!  Wow--April flew by and May is stacking up to be super busy as the college kids plan to wrap up another year and head home either to stay for the summer or visit for a bit here and there.  We also have a bunch of home maintenance things to take care of before summer really hits so May is the month for that.

Until then let's take a look at what happened in the last week of April:

Day 114- Monday, 4/24/23

Last year was a watering nightmare for my backyard because of how the fence installers messed the drip and sprinkler system all up.  Thankfully with a few adjustments over the past couple weeks I have it all sorted for this summer and just in time before the heatwave hits. We're expecting 90's all week--yikes!





Day 115- Tuesday, 4/25/23

The super rainy winter and spring was good for my thirsty yard.  All the plants are so happy and thriving.  The rose bushes in particular are over the top this year and I love me some pretty yellow roses.  Tonight for dinner was the Tuesday special at Papa Murphy's paired with a refreshing summer wine.






Day 116- Wednesday, 4/26/23

Wednesday at work I had to park in the far lot since I stopped for an oil change before heading into the lab.  When you get here any time past 8am all the good spots are long gone.  There is a pretty path from the lot into campus though so I enjoyed the vegetation along the way.  Look what cool shadows the poppy flowers make on the sidewalk.  After doing some lab work I settled into my cubicle to send out reports.  It is hot outside but freezing in here.  When they turn the a/c on it's to the extreme so I have to makes sure to have a jacket on hand.  The rest of the week will be super warm for end of April but won't last long before temps drop again and more rain is expected. Make up your mind Mother Nature.




Day 117- Thursday, 4/27/23

Rusty is not a fan of the heat.  He's trying to get comfortable for a nap but it's too hot to curl up in a ball like he usually does when he sleeps.  It didn't cool down much overnight either but there was a nice moon out and I learned this week how to take a decent moon picture.  The left is normally how the moon looks in my night shots but I learned that I can zoom to 100x on my phone camera and will get the shot on the right.  Pretty cool!  I didn't think it would really work but it did.  Next I'll try it on a full moon.




Day 118- Friday, 4/28/23

He can't quite play basketball yet but did get to throw a ball around in PT while working on balance.  After PT it was time for another Kings vs Warriors game that he enjoyed with a beer and some leftover pizza.  Nice way for him to spend a Friday except that his Warriors lost.  Go Kings!  Tyler and I want the Kings to win while John and Brandon are all about the Warriors.  Justin could care less.  LOL!





Day 119- Saturday, 4/29/23

On this beautiful day I spent more time in the yard pruning again.  Everything is growing so fast and out of control this year but it was a nice day to be outside so I didn't mind.  I would rather do yard work than house work when it's pleasant out.  Later I pulled out my Insta-pot that I have not used in over a year.  I wanted to try a new recipe for dinner--Crack Chicken Pasta which was super easy to make, didn't take long at all, and turned out great.  I'll have to make it again when the boys are home.





Day 120- Sunday, 4/30/23

Time for a lazy Sunday morning.  No more winter pj's--this week forced me to bust out the summer ones.  It was cooler today though with the wind picking up but still very spring like.  Outside I was admiring these pretty new leaves on one of our trees that make me smile.  They are so vibrant and ornate.  Back inside it was time for game 7 between the Kings and Warriors.  John and Brandon were happy how it ended with the Warriors on top moving on.  I was really hoping the Kings would have their chance to shine on but there is always next year.  It was the best season they've had in years so they did well and will continue to go up from here.


That wraps up another month!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like May came and so did summer! Enjoy your beautiful yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the basketball! Good for John to throw that ball around. That crack Chicken pasta looks yummy! Good to get caught up with you and your activites!

    ReplyDelete