Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Week 20

Hello and welcome back!  Last week was pretty eventful with a lot of moving parts but that's ok.  It's nice to break out of a routine every once in awhile and now we have Brandon home for the summer and Justin will be visiting for a week soon.  They, for sure, will help to keep things interesting around here.  

Take a look at how last week went down:


Day 135- Monday, 5/15/23

It's rare for Rusty to sit here without a lap to sit on, but here he is looking all comfy in my seat without me.  LOL!  I think he's just waiting for me to settle down and join him.  I have a super busy week and will be away for 2 days so I'm running around trying to get things done before I leave and just can't relax yet.

 



Day 136- Tuesday, 5/16/23

I'm usually at home working remote Tuesdays but will be out Th/Fri so I need to get 5 days worth of lab work done in 3 days which means no remote work for me this week. It's a good thing I was  here too because we had a run on sample submissions today.  Sadly they were all from dead marine mammals that have taken a beating by protozoal infections due to the heavy runoff from land to sea with our rushing rivers and streams caused by all the snow melt happening right now.  The clinical histories on these submission forms are so sad--mostly females and young pups.

 





Day 137- Wednesday, 5/17/23

After work today I had a drip system leak that needed fixed and really couldn't wait any longer because of the excessive heat these days.  Otherwise the yard is looking so much better than last year so I want to stay on top of things and keep it that way.  Back inside for dinner I made bacon wrapped pork and mac & cheese with shell pasta.  We've been eating left over pizza from Mother's Day the past couple days so I figured I'd cook a real meal that will leave good leftovers for John while I'm out of town starting tomorrow.

 

 



Day 138- Thursday, 5/18/23

I'm in LA helping this kid move out of the dorms.  Hats off to a successful freshman. Now he's ready to come home for the summer and eager to leave dorm life behind him.  Next year he'll be in an off-campus apartment at Alight with his own private room.  We toured the place this afternoon and he's super excited about the change.

 





 Day 139- Friday, 5/19/23

I'm back in the car headed home but at least this time I've got a co-pilot for the 7hr very boring drive.  As usual our loft becomes a dorm stuff dumping ground once we get home.  I'll get him to sort it all with me later.  Speaking of later, seeing those lights on his room again just before I head to bed is everything.

 

 


Day 140- Saturday, 5/20/23

John's SCI-FIT physical therapy place put on a fundraising event to help raise money for all the things insurance doesn't cover when your adapting to or trying to live life with a physical disability and trust me it's a lot so every little bit helps.  The tickets were given to us by one of his trainers and it was a fun event with a great inspirational speaker.  Everyone we usually see in workout clothes at PT cleans up so nice! 😄

 



Day 141- Sunday, 5/21/23 

Time for some movie fun with Brandon.  We were going to wait and see this newly released Marvel movie when Justin comes home next week but found out he's already seen it-- no surprise!  After the movie I made chicken wings for Sunday dinner as Brandon requested for his first home-cooked meal.


That's all for now.  We'll see you next week as we welcome another college kid home.



2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Brandon! You and John look so great all dressed up and John is looking so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Brandon made it home after a great year! You and John look so good! Glad he is doing better!!

    ReplyDelete