Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Week 19

Welcome back and happy Tuesday! I hope all the mother's out there had a good Mother's Day weekend.  Sadly I only had 1 kid home but the other two touched base and we all made the most of it.  At least I'm headed to LA to bring Brandon home in a couple days so we'll get to see him soon and then Justin the week after.  Looking forward to a full house again.

Until then, here are last week's pictures:

Day 128- Monday, 5/8/23

John drove himself to and from PT for the first time so now moving forward I get some of my afternoons back.  Rusty and I enjoyed just chilling after I got home from work and catching up on a few shows.



Day 129- Tuesday, 5/9/23

The painters are here and doing mostly prep and repair work today so actual painting can start tomorrow.  In other news the final season of Firefly Lane recently dropped on Netflix and I was able to finish it this week.  It was pretty emotional but very well done.




Day 130- Wednesday, 5/10/23

The main painting on the front and a couple side walls were done today.  It's pretty noisy and messy around here with all this work but at least they'll be done by Friday.




Day 131- Thursday, 5/11/23

After PT today John took me out to dinner at a local place he used to frequent that I have never been to before (The Kicking Mule).  They have good pub food and specialize in Mule drinks.  When we got home we checked out the painting progress on the back side of the house.  Pretty much all that is left is more trim work, the front door and the shutters so for sure it will be done tomorrow!





Day 132- Friday, 5/12/23

It's done--here's a before and after.  The colors are all the same but fresher and brighter plus no more stucco cracks or lines.  Today is also Justin's last day of finals and he's had a pretty crazy, stressful but also fun week but is sad a lot of his best friends are graduating.  One more semester for him!  He cracks me up.



Day 133- Saturday, 5/13/23

It's been awhile but we finally were able to have a fun and fancy dinner out with the Wong's.  John and I have been to Morton's many times but this was their first time so it was nice to introduce them to a new place and be able to catch up.






Day 134- Sunday, 5/14/23

Happy Mother's Day!  Each of my wonderful boys reached out to me in their own special way today.  Justin wrote a message in the sand on a beach near him, Brandon wrote me a nice note with re-imagined drawings of our pets like he did when he was 10, and Tyler lives close enough to visit so he made breakfast and dinner for me.  John also helped spoil me and Lupe was here to help celebrate during dinner. I'm a lucky lady and sure love my family.


That's it!  See you next week.



2 comments:

  1. So glad that John is getting himself around on his own!! The house looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for John being able to drive himself to PT!!!! Happy Mother's day! So glad you were able to be spoiled! You deserve it! The house looks great too!

    ReplyDelete