Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Week 41

Hello and happy Tuesday! It was another exhausting and brutal work week, but I feel like I'm finally past the worst of it and things should slow down helping to ease me into the the holidays.  Otherwise I'm loving the fall-like weather and hoping to enjoy it a bit more without so much on my plate.

Take a look at last week's pictures:


Day 282- Monday, 10/9/23
Work, work, work!  A lot of unexpected stuff just keeps popping up but I'll power on and get through it even with my support person on vacation for the week.





Day 283- Tuesday, 10/10/23
I found this HUGE leaf in our driveway that blew in from somewhere even though we don't have trees near by with leaves this big--still cool to see.  There was also a storm that blew in just before sunset that dropped a lot of rain in a short amount of time.  It's still warm out so it actually felt good to stand out in the down pour for a bit and marvel at the orange cloudy sky.





Day 284- Wednesday, 10/11/23
He can't wait for me to get home so he can jump up for a cuddle.  It forces me to relax though and just enjoy a minute or two with my furry friend purring away before moving on to the next pressing thing.  In other news, up at Humboldt, Justin is enjoying his herpetology and entomology classes this semester.  The post in the middle popped up on my fb feed so I shared it with him because I knew he'd get a kick out of it especially in this creepy season. Nature is such a fascinating thing and I'm so glad he appreciates and revels in that.





Day 285- Thursday, 10/12/23
We're seeing more and more changing color as we get deeper and deeper into Fall.  There is a lot of yellow and red spots showing up in trees all over the neighborhood.  And look!--we got Booed.  I heard a knock on the door and when I answered it this is what I found.  How fun!





Day 286- Friday, 10/13/23
TGIF! I'm exhausted from this week and still have a work commitment tomorrow so I'm unwinding for now on the office couch while my kitty boy takes a lap nap.  Later our Friday night movie was anything but relaxing but did keep my mind off work and was a good scary movie to watch this time of year.





Day 287- Saturday, 10/14/23
I was asked to give a professional talk at UC Davis Horse Day.  I don't speak much so was super nervous at first but I had such a great group of guests that asked so many good questions that made it more fun than stressful plus they gave many wonderful reviews.  Phew! Now this work week is officially done and next week should be pretty mellow compared to the past few weeks--hope I didn't just jinx myself.  John was kind enough to take me out to dinner tonight which was really sweet and much appreciated.  That lavender lemon-drop tasted so good.





Day 288- Sunday, 10/15/23
After getting most of my house chores done I was able to take a nice walk around the neighborhood before dinner to soak up all the new fall color popping up here and there.  Fall leaves and flipflops--only in Calif. 💗🍂


That's it for now.  Hope to see everyone back next week.


2 comments:

  1. The fall colors are looking pretty! How fun to be boo-ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall leaves! Looks like a great week, and love that you got boo-ed! That is super fun!

    ReplyDelete