Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Week 42

Welcome back and happy Tuesday!  I finally had a nice chill work week which allowed me to have a nice week overall.  I'm so happy things are slowing down on that front.  The weather has been wacky though.  Cold then extreme heat then cold and rain--can't make up it's mind!

Here are last week's pictures:


Day 289-  Monday 10/16/23

I'm not sure what it is about Mondays but over the past 5 weeks there have been 3 major accidents causing huge delays during my Monday morning commute.  It was just one big parking lot out there for a good 40 mins this morning.  Maybe I should change my remote work day t from Tuesday to Monday.





Day 290- Tuesday, 10/17/23

I was a able to get a few more decorations put up outside and inside this afternoon.





Day 291- Wednesday, 10/18/23

Wednesday at work there are more and more fall leaves littering the ground even if it is hot as heck out. These ones remind me of puzzle pieces. Back at home there are more and more fall decorations littering my house but I love them.




Day 292- Thursday, 10/19/23

This is his favorite way to play mouse--with a blanket to hide behind so he can be stealth about his attack and if the blanket is not set up just right he won't play.  Has he got me trained our what?






Day 293- Friday, 10/20/23

Our One Health Institute Lab won the University's grand prize lab safety award this year.  Each of the different schools in the UC Davis system had a winner but we were the top system-wide and were honored at a luncheon with the Chancellor, various Deans, and safety officials.  What a great way to end the work week.






Day 294- Saturday, 10/21/23

Yesterday afternoon I got my flu and updated COVID shot which was not a great way to end the work week.  Both John and I got hit hard with flu-like symptoms overnight and into today.  The last couple boosters had no side effects for us but this one was just as bad as the very first so today was all about napping and doing low-key relaxing things like coloring.




Day 295- Sunday, 10/22/23

We're feeling much better today which is nice but still a slow stay-in kind of day especially since we had 3 rounds of intense rain down pours.  It was also the perfect weather for some warm comfort food and we were happy to have Tyler join us while Lupe had plans with friends. Rusty trying to train Tyler on the proper way to play mouse.


That's all.  Catch you again next week as we start to wrap up another month.  Where does the time go?



2 comments:

  1. Yay for lab safety and boosters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your lab safety! I got both my boosters too and had a day I didn't feel well with chills and achy. Glad it didn't last long! Love the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete