Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Week 52

Happy New Year!  I'm running late again but the holidays will tend to do that you.  This post is all about the our last week in 2023 and then next week we'll start 2024.

Until then here are our final pictures in 2023:


Day 359- Monday, 12/25/23

Merry Christmas! We had a nice day eating a yummy eggnog French-toast brunch, opening presents, enjoying a wonderful prime rib and shrimp dinner plus watching a 49er game even if it didn't end well.




Day 360- Tuesday, 12/26/23

I'm enjoying a vacation day where I don't have anymore holiday stress and planning required.  My new mug and blanket robe are helping big time with that whole chill, comfy, relaxed vibe.  Meanwhile Brandon already finished the Star Wars Lego set he got for Christmas.

 


Day 361- Wednesday, 12/27/23

We had a rainy start to the day and of course while I was trying to replenish household supplies--mainly milk, cereal, and other food items the boys demolish on a much faster pace than I'm now used to.  Back at home the sun came out leading to a nice afternoon while I started to put away Christmas.

 
 


Day 362- Thursday, 12/28/23

Today we all went to an afternoon DC movie and then after had dinner at a new Mexican place in our town that was refreshingly good and had a great vibe.  No joke- that quesadilla I order that was filled with yummy grilled chicken fed me for 3 days and was very reasonably priced. We'll have to go back and to try the breakfast menu next.





Day 363- Friday, 12/29/23

Justin gave me these cute solar powered owl lanterns (pack of 2) to hang in the backyard.  They look great in the day and are even more fun lit up at night.  Thankfully we had enough sun to power them today.  Sunshine has been very hit or miss around here all week.  Speaking of Justin he has been Rusty's favorite napping lap for the past 2 weeks.  As soon as Justin sits or lays down pretty much anywhere Rusty will find him and make himself more than comfortable usually at the expense of Justin's own comfort.




Day 364- Saturday, 12/30/23

Today was the day I set aside to reorganize my wrapping paper and bag closet that had been a problem for a quite awhile now.  I'm not sure why I didn't take a before picture but rest assured it looks and functions so much better now.  I just hope everyone can help me keep it that way.  After that was done I started reading this new book I got for Christmas.  As a woman in science it will be a good read for me. 






Day 365- Sunday, 12/31/23

Here's to the last day in 2023!  We had a fun party to go to in Sacramento and thankfully most of our San Francisco friends were there to ring in the New Year with us.  John was able to DJ tag teaming with his good friend and Justin came along to join the fun and mingle with the other 20 somethings at the party.  Love the picture of all the guys and the one of all the ladies.  Looks like we're out numbered.  LOL!


Last but not least--Top 9 IG from 2023


That wraps up another year!  See you next week as we kick off the pictures for 2024.




1 comment: