Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Week 1

Hello and happy Tuesday! Here we are with week one of 2024 done. It was a pretty mellow week for us aside from me heading back to work and others getting appointments taken care of. I haven't gotten around to updating the blog's family photo in the header for this year yet but will hopefully have it ready by next week. 

Here's a peek at our first week: 


Day 1- Monday, 1/1/24

It's New Year's Day and it was a lazy one with a slow start as we recovered from staying up too late for NYE.  Towards the end of today we did rally and make a nice New Year's Day feast complete with steak, lobster, and all the fixings.



Day 2- Tuesday, 1/2/24

Vacation is over so time to get back in the swing of things and back to work routines.  The coffee place on campus is still closed for another week since students are out until the 8th so I had run out and hit up a Starbucks to help get me through the day.  My lab people were here running clinical samples and working hard but many others decided not to come back until next week as well so was pretty dead around here.  Thankfully that meant we could at least head home early--no meeting to bog us down.




Day 3- Wednesday, 1/3/24

 The rain clouds rolled in today and even showed off a nice heart for me as I left work-- the 1st natural heart shape of the year.  Hopefully it means good things to come.  Back at home John and Justin were just sitting down to enjoy lobster rolls they made with leftovers.

 



Day 4- Thursday, 1/4/24

As I headed into work I had to drop my car at the dealer for a recall fix on my key fobs.  Apparently there is a hinge issue that can cause the key to collapse shutting off the car while you are driving --Yikes!  The fix was to lock it in the open position which I'm not a fan of but at least I'll be safe.  So random!  Outside while walking on campus I enjoyed the sun shining through more rain clouds and noticed that the majority of the trees are now are in full winter mode with few if any leaves left--so many bare branches.  They can be creepy yet beautiful at the same time.

 

 



Day 5 - Friday, 1/5/24

Justin and I were having deep conversations in the office about life goals while Rusty was attentively watching on.  He's happy to have more warm bodies in the house to seek out during these cold winter days.  Later our Friday night movie was Maestro which was an interesting life story that had great acting but a super sad ending.

 




Day 6- Saturday, 1/6/24 

The kids sure do enjoy taking pictures of Rusty and then sharing them around.  I love how you can see Brandon's shadow on the wall while he snaps hit shot and Justin always has interesting perspectives.  LOL!  It's hard to tell if the cat likes all the photo attention or not and true to a cat I think it just depends on his mood for the day.  For dinner we needed a nice warm  meal so I made some spicy enchiladas that were a big hit. Tonight's movie was a futuristic AI sci-fi that was a bit confusing and also quite disturbing. I sure hope our world doesn't end up this way.



Day 7- Sunday, 1/7/34

 I'm starting a year long Picture Series project with some online friends where we'll be using pictures we've taken in previous classes to pull together collection books.  Some of the classes I took but not all so I'll use pictures I have for certain months and for others will use the prompts to take the pictures I don't have.  It should be fun and will help keep my creative juices flowing. How cute are the album books recommended for the class found on Amazon--they are so nice with great texture and there are even more colors.  I'll need 4 in all for this project but just received my 1st 2 for now.


That's all.  Not a bad start. See you Next Tuesday.


1 comment: